Camber adjustment for Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STARman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 6s
Having just fitted some new GRP 1/8 wheels I've realised there is a lot of negative camber due to the inside of the tyre getting much more wear, and now that i've paid a bit of attention you can actually see how aggressive the camber is when looking. I don't have a gauge but was going to set it just on the negative side of 0 degrees, does this sound about right?

Having just fitted some new GRP 1/8 wheels I've realised there is a lot of negative camber due to the inside of the tyre getting much more wear, and now that i've paid a bit of attention you can actually see how aggressive the camber is when looking. I don't have a gauge but was going to set it just on the negative side of 0 degrees, does this sound about right?
Just get them as close to 0 as possible. They are going to move +/- a degree or so while running due to slop in the steering.

Just checked the manual and it says 5mm 6mm turnbuckle wrench, is that 5mm one end and 6mm the other end to fit from and rear? My spanners only go down to 8mm and my adjustables are a little too bulky so will need to invest in some new tools...?

Just checked the manual and it says 5mm 6mm turnbuckle wrench, is that 5mm one end and 6mm the other end to fit from and rear? My spanners only go down to 8mm and my adjustables are a little too bulky so will need to invest in some new tools...?

I don't know first hand but from what I understand the rear are 6mm and front is 5mm I think.

Yes, front and 3s models are 5mm.
I bought this tool but it won't do the rear. Harbor Freight has some deals this weekend and going to see if I can find a small 6mm wrench.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UU07I6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the thread with the confirmed info.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/i-don't-know-how-to-set-my-toe-or-droop.15066/post-190392

I think you're right, the part nos. describe the turnbuckles as 4mm and 5mm respectively, so the wrench sizes are 1mm bigger ??

?

I think you're right, the part nos. describe the turnbuckles as 4mm and 5mm respectively, so the wrench sizes are 1mm bigger ??

?

That I cannot confirm right now. I edited the above post.

edit: Apparently my wrench has been delivered so I will confirm later this afternoon.

1570305558524.png

Last edited:
For the 3S and 4S rigs it is for sure a 5mm wrench. I’ve read the rear on the 6S and larger are 6mm in the rear.

My 6mm and 5mm wrenches arrived today and fit the rear and front as everyone suggested, I've got the rear camber adjusted to somewhere near normal now, about 1mm on the negative side ?

Can you link the 6mm wrench you purchased?

That I cannot confirm right now. I edited the above post.

edit: Apparently my wrench has been delivered so I will confirm later this afternoon.

View attachment 50024
5mm up front and 6mm on the rear. Doesn't matter, I never adjust camber anyways. This tool makes quick adjustments up front a breeze. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back