Can I fit a 6S system in the 3s BRCC??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
I’ve been doing research and the 6S motor mounts just fine straight on to the motor mount but I’ve found that the esc mounting screws don’t match up with the 3s ones... I was wondering if it would be possible to mabey Mount the esc in between the motor and servo box but it seems slightly too big so would I be able to cut the screw mounts off of the esc to make it fit??? Idk if you have any feedback that can help plz help as I’m going to upgrade either to 6s or 4s but 6s sounds better?‍♂️?

I’ve been doing research and the 6S motor mounts just fine straight on to the motor mount but I’ve found that the esc mounting screws don’t match up with the 3s ones... I was wondering if it would be possible to mabey Mount the esc in between the motor and servo box but it seems slightly too big so would I be able to cut the screw mounts off of the esc to make it fit??? Idk if you have any feedback that can help plz help as I’m going to upgrade either to 6s or 4s but 6s sounds better?‍♂️?
I've fit a BLX 185 system in my Granite so you shouldn't have an issue. That said you should run the 4s system because you can't really run 6s in a BRCC. It's just too much. So if you do run a BLX185, stick to 4s.

I've fit a BLX 185 system in my Granite so you shouldn't have an issue. That said you should run the 4s system because you can't really run 6s in a BRCC. It's just too much. So if you do run a BLX185, stick to 4s.
What do u mean too much?? Is it too fast to handle or does it break everything or??
and how much faster would a 4s system make it?? And would there be a difference in speed between a 4s system on 4s and a 6s system on 4s??

Last edited:
What do u mean too much?? Is it too fast to handle or does it break everything or??
and how much faster would a 4s system make it?? And would there be a difference in speed between a 4s system on 4s and a 6s system on 4s??
You would break stuff in the driveline.

If this is a speed thing, you don't need to run 6s to go fast. I ran close to 60mph on a 3s setup. The 4s and 6s systems have a lower Kv and need to be geared up to run as fast as the 3s motor. I guess the question is, what are you trying to accomplish? How fast do you want your plastic, 1/10 scale big rock crew cab monster truck to go. Stock it should run about 50mph.

I have the BLX120 system in my Typhon 3S and Kraton 4S and on 4S these are too fast. They are just too small to barely handle 4S. I can’t imagine a scenario where 6S would be needed, unless you’re doing speed runs. I think I can get my Typhon to 80mph on 4S (has it up to 74mph once before having radio issues) and unless you’re trying to hit 100mph on the plastic chassis, then just buy a 6S truck and move on.

I would like
You would break stuff in the driveline.

If this is a speed thing, you don't need to run 6s to go fast. I ran close to 60mph on a 3s setup. The 4s and 6s systems have a lower Kv and need to be geared up to run as fast as the 3s motor. I guess the question is, what are you trying to accomplish? How fast do you want your plastic, 1/10 scale big rock crew cab monster truck to go. Stock it should run about 50mph.
i would like it to go about the speed of the 6s trucks... mabey a little faster. would it be smart to just get a cooling fan and a bigger pinion gear then?

i'm pretty sure you can get more than 80mph on the stock 3s electronics,

I’m calling BS on the all stock claim here. There’s NO WAY that thing did 81mph on GRPs with stock gearing on 3S. I have tried and tried with GRPs on my Typhon on 4S with a 24T pinion on the stock spur and can barely get over 60mph (with the wing on). I can’t imagine the 3S getting over 80mph by just removing the wing.

All that said, that’s an impressive speed nonetheless on 3S and GRPs. I would love to know his gearing.

I would like

i would like it to go about the speed of the 6s trucks... mabey a little faster. would it be smart to just get a cooling fan and a bigger pinion gear then?
Or use the BLX120 system and gear to 55 or so. You don't want to go much faster in a BRCC. At least I wouldn't
I’m calling BS on the all stock claim here. There’s NO WAY that thing did 81mph on GRPs with stock gearing on 3S. I have tried and tried with GRPs on my Typhon on 4S with a 24T pinion on the stock spur and can barely get over 60mph (with the wing on). I can’t imagine the 3S getting over 80mph by just removing the wing.

All that said, that’s an impressive speed nonetheless on 3S and GRPs. I would love to know his gearing.
Where did he claim stock gearing? I assumed he used a big pinion.

Last edited:
i didn’t say stock gearing.

here is another video of doing almost 70mph with stock electronics, with only the gearing changed to the 26t

this is basically the 6s speed

Well the word “stock” is mentioned numerous times in that video, but at no time did he mention a larger pinion. To me, that seems a little deceptive. Why not just simply say it has non-stock gearing? I don’t know anything about this contest, but it seems they were trying to max out a stock system. Was there any restrictions other than 3S in stock electronics? Was gearing or tire selection restricted?

Well the word “stock” is mentioned numerous times in that video, but at no time did he mention a larger pinion. To me, that seems a little deceptive. Why not just simply say it has non-stock gearing? I don’t know anything about this contest, but it seems they were trying to max out a stock system. Was there any restrictions other than 3S in stock electronics? Was gearing or tire selection restricted?
How else would you do that challenge if you couldn't change gearing? ?‍♂️ Try to make your run with a tailwind on the windiest day of the week??

How else would you do that challenge if you couldn't change gearing? ?‍♂️ Try to make your run with a tailwind on the windiest day of the week??
Do you own a Typhon 3S Ed? Maybe leave to us guys who own one. ?✌?

I know first hand how hard it is to get past 65mph on GRPs on this rig. I shouldn’t be so negative about it I guess. I’m probably just jealous cuz I couldn’t get past 74mph with bigger tires. Wish he would just disclose his gearing so I could get mine that fast ?

I’ve got hot racing fromt and rear driveshafts already... would the center driveshaft/diffs break. If so do you know of any metal upgrades?
I’ve only melted my center shaft due to debris. But I’ve yet to run 6S on it. If you have HR driveshafts then give them a run. You can only break something at worst. I just don’t see the point is all. Mine are plenty fast on 4S and I am plenty capable of breaking them at the speeds I have now. There should be a license for 6S because i would probably fail ????‍♂️

Well I just jinxed myself didn’t I.

836F4A15-1669-47B4-BBC8-6208B31E8371.jpeg

404CC3FF-4940-4433-A94E-3CCB8D49F6C7.jpeg

This was from a pretty bad impact. Also split my chassis too.
Well I managed to kill the second one too...

233BAC4E-33BB-4465-8639-615573ED949F.jpeg

Last edited:
I know first hand how hard it is to get past 65mph on GRPs on this rig. I shouldn’t be so negative about it I guess. I’m probably just jealous cuz I couldn’t get past 74mph with bigger tires. Wish he would just disclose his gearing so I could get mine that fast ?

Shoot me a PM, I'd be happy to help you get to your goals.
I live for speed!

Do you own a Typhon 3S Ed? Maybe leave to us guys who own one. ?✌?

You don't need any model specific knowledge to know that if you want your rig to go faster with the same electronics, you need to change gearing ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back