Typhon Can I switch ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6s with that 4985 1650kv.(y) Surely a sweetspot kv
But with a 4s pack???? IDK.:unsure:
That rather large can and stator needs some juice there IMHO.

That 4985 1650 is a popular motor. I agree. It's a torque monster.
I just wouldnt consider running 4s packs.... Just me. Definitely need to gear it up some with 4s.
Just that 14.8v (4s nominal) X 1650 kv = 24,420 RPMS. I feel this large can motor needs to run at least another 10k+ RPM's more to make it shine. Only a 6s pack can do that. And specifically/ properly geared for 6s can also run cool.
Am I wrong?:unsure:

I just wouldnt consider running 4s packs.... Just me. Definitely need to gear it up some with 4s.
Just that 14.8v (4s nominal) X 1650 kv = 24,420 RPMS. I feel this large can motor needs to run at least another 10k+ RPM's more to make it shine. Only a 6s pack can do that. And specifically/ properly geared for 6s can also run cool.
Not wrong. I’m running a 21t pinion. It’s a beast on 6s, which is what I normally run in it. My only Arrma 6s that usually runs 6s. One pack and it’s nap time for the Mojo. And I am, of course, running dual motor fans. But if I run 4s with that gearing, it’s still fast and fun and I can run multiple packs without overheating. You should try it!

I never thought it much fun putting a V8 Hemi into a Ford Pinto.
Yet many have done that. Perhaps fun for them is all that matters.

Lets just say I like my Mojave "Underpowered" with the stocker motor, running 6s packs. I always felt any off road rig that can run 50 mph on dirt is fast enough for me.
A massive heavy rig is the Fireteam. Easily 2-3 pounds heavier than a Mojo.
The stock system always got hot in a hurry.
The Max6/4985 system in one and an MMX8S paired with the 4985 in the other do not have this problem. Hence why i think stock is underpowered. Not because it's not fast enough.
No, you are right. It's just that the 4985 motor is stupid powerful on 6S and the car reaches speeds i can never handle in the spots i run them. 6S with this motor leads to more mayhem than i am willing to handle.
It is however a joy to drive on 4S. It's easier on the drive train and bearings. And i just use 3S in smaller bash spots. It's pretty slow, but in a small bash spot, it can feel very fast.

Not wrong. I’m running a 21t pinion. It’s a beast on 6s, which is what I normally run in it. My only Arrma 6s that usually runs 6s. One pack and it’s nap time for the Mojo. And I am, of course, running dual motor fans. But if I run 4s with that gearing, it’s still fast and fun and I can run multiple packs without overheating. You should try it!
I never tried 4s on my Mojo. Assumed it would be too slow.... I run a 17t Pinion in it.
I will do that.(y)
I do run 4s with my K6s Noto and Lim on occassion. My TLRT always runs 4s only with a 23T/50T. 58mph is fastest enough for my TLRT. At least for me, just tooling around with it.

Last edited:
I never tried 4s on my Mojo. Assumed it would be too slow.... I run a 17t Pinion in it.
I will do that.(y)
I do run 4s with my K6s Noto and Lim on occassion. My TLRT always runs 4s only with a 23T/50T. 58mph is fastest enough for my TLRT. At least for me, just tooling around with it.

Depending on your type of driving and location sometimes acceleration is funner then a top speed. My mp9 tops out at 36, but it gets there about instantly. Epic on a bmx track. Not so thrilling in wide open spaces 🤣

The MP9 is a nice track rig. And the average speed for most any 1/8 track is aprox 35mph for the average size track. Its all about torque and acceleration that matters for best lap times. , not top fast speeds. With plain bashing around, that torque and acceleration is fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back