Kraton Can the arrma kraton v3 and v4 handle 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcdude99

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there new to these forums and never owned a arrma car but i would like to someday ive always liked traxxas but now i see arrma is the way to go so just wandering if the arrma kraton v3 and v4 driveline can handle 6s

560a9562bc18f11db09b49ac66d2213d.jpeg

What does this mean

The Arrma Kraton 6S BLX can handle 6S. Sorry for not being clearer. Also,I am not sure if you are interested in the 1/10 scale models, but the Granite 3S BLX can handle 3S.

Do you have to use throttle control to run 6s
If you are not used to controlling the throttle, you really need to stick to 4S on these trucks. 6s is a huge amount of power, and you really spend most of your time at about half to two-thirds throttle. You really only use Full Throttle for very short punches to flip in the air or get an extra burst of speed right before a jump.

If you want to run Full Throttle all the time, 6s simply is too much power. Within a matter of seconds, the truck will be running above 50 miles an hour, and be a few hundred yards down the road.

Like do u have to ease into the throttle when accelerating

What kind of RC experience do you have? What's the fastest rig you own or have owned? Maybe we can give you a comparison.

Do you have experience running RC cars?

Also as a side note, throttle control is exactly why I have stayed with 4S on my kraton and Typhon. I can handle the throttle control no problem, but the crate and belongs to my teen son. I did let him try 6s a few times early on, but he was not real clear on the idea of half throttle. LOL. I quickly limited him to 4 s only, and decided to stay 4S only myself 2. Now two years later, my son is a much better driver. I'll probably let him try 6s again soon and we'll see if he can handle it.

So basically if u don't ease into the throttle your driveline will not last on 6s

That's not what he said at all. He said if you just grab the controller and nail it the truck will either flip on its lid, or zoom off at an uncontrollable speed.

So basically if u don't ease into the throttle your driveline will not last on 6s
Once again, the Driveline can handle 6s fine. But if you don't control the throttle with your trigger finger, you will crash a lot, and crash at very high speeds. High speed crashes will break the truck.

Yes i do have rc experience i have owened 3 traxxas vehicles and ive been reading arrma is starting to become more popular for bashing

The driveline will handle 6s just fine going from a standstill to full throttle. This is how you do standing backflips driving the Outcast/notorious.
If you're coming from Traxxas vehicles I can completely understand why it would concern you that it may self destruct, but that's what separates a poorly designed and built product from Arrma's 6s platform.

And i also take it all the other arrma blx vehicles are the same and will handle 3s and 6s from a standing start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back