Can you solder without flux

Currently reading:
Can you solder without flux

Spn133

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I'm brought a 30 watt soldering gun from Walmart it came with solder.can I solder fazon tips to my venom battery without flux?

Zer0Fame

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Depends on, a lot of solders have a flux core, meaning the flux is already within the solder tin..you want to check if that's the case.
Completely without flux, no.

Depending on the thickness of the cables, 30W might be a bit underpowered, too ... it's doable but not comfortably so.

Dustin Mustangs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Soldering is pretty frustrating if you don't do it right. Not using flux would be a great example of this.

Spn133

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Depends on, a lot of solders have a flux core, meaning the flux is already within the solder tin..you want to check if that's the case.
Completely without flux, no.

Depending on the thickness of the cables, 30W might be a bit underpowered, too ... it's doable but not comfortably so.
Thank u

chalmene

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Use flux. Flux and tin your wires, then flux and tin your bullets. Then insert your wires and apply heat and solder till all is melted together then remove your heat. Do not keep heat applied so long that it overheats your battery or electronics and possibly causes damage. If your wires are too hot to touch at the root, remove heat. Also, a hotter torch makes the job go faster and easier. Great investment here, been using one of these for years. You'll never touch one of those pencil irons again: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KKmoon-936A...189094?hash=item25cb0986a6:g:Z6wAAOSw44BYULyj

Last edited:

Spn133

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Use flux. Flux and tin your wires, then flux and tin your bullets. Then insert your wires and apply heat and solder till all is melted together then remove your heat. Do not keep heat applied so long that it overheats your battery or electronics and possibly causes damage. If your wires are too hot to touch at the root, remove heat. Also, a hotter torch makes the job go faster and easier. Great investment here, been using one of these for years. You'll never touch one of those pencil irons again: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KKmoon-936A...189094?hash=item25cb0986a6:g:Z6wAAOSw44BYULyj

phildogg

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
I use a weller 80w iron and solder all the time without flux, mine has plenty of heat and a big chisel tip though.