Granite cant get motor out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snoprosledneck88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Voltage
How the hell do you get the motor out of this little thing? Followed the instructions. Removed the one screw and took the red brace out and pulled up on the tap to release the module. I have pulled on this as hard as i can and still cant get it out. I have tried hard enough for long enough I didnt really care if something else broke and i still cant get it out. What am i missing?

I got the motor assembly out. Installed the new motor because the stock motor sucks and burnt out on my song after 4 packs. The new motor lasted 40 seconds and let the smoke out. This rig is a pos really thinking it’s going to go on Craigslist.

I'm assuming you took the driveshaft out.

I use a big flat head screw driver and pry the assembly out a little at a time, going back and forth from side to side just don't pry against the motor.

Dynamite 12T 550. Figured the stock motor was worthless so I would try something different. Come to find out this one was even worse.
I burnt up the 12T after a week or so, I'm assuming because I was running a bigger pinion in tall grass. I dumped a 15T in and its done pretty good. I lost a little on the top end (about 1.5 mph) but it seems to run cooler. It seems like a better hole shot, but it still isn't enough. I might have to go down the rabbit hole of the brushless world...

I burnt up the 12T after a week or so, I'm assuming because I was running a bigger pinion in tall grass. I dumped a 15T in and its done pretty good. I lost a little on the top end (about 1.5 mph) but it seems to run cooler. It seems like a better hole shot, but it still isn't enough. I might have to go down the rabbit hole of the brushless world...
All of the running my son has been doing is on short/cut crass or the driveway. Stock pinion, haven't even messed with it to be honest.

All of the running my son has been doing is on short/cut crass or the driveway. Stock pinion, haven't even messed with it to be honest.
Well, if you decide to dump it, let me know. I might be interested. My oldest would be ecstatic, but I don't know if I want to take on another project. I see you're in wi, are you anywhere near Milwaukee?

This truck needs power, especially to run in grass. Those brushed 12t 550 motors get over 200deg pretty quick. Put a low KV (3000kv) 3650 brushless and you will be good - at least until you strip the spur. And break the diff input shaft... (but those are easy mods too - check the recommended upgrades sticky thread).

This truck needs power, especially to run in grass. Those brushed 12t 550 motors get over 200deg pretty quick. Put a low KV (3000kv) 3650 brushless and you will be good - at least until you strip the spur. And break the diff input shaft... (but those are easy mods too - check the recommended upgrades sticky thread).
Do you have any recommendations for a brushless set up from Amazon? In the next few week's I should have enough points from the gas station to get $100 worth of gift cards, and I cant think of anything that I would like more than a brushless setup.

Cheapest would be one of the GoolRC/Surpass/Racerstart combos - 3660 motor in 3300 or 3800kv, with a 80a ESC - they run about $60-$80, or a 3650 with 60a ESC for about $50. Good motors, but the ESC's often don't last long. And they are NOT waterproof - even though they claim it.

Best budget system would probably be the Hobbywing Max10 - the 60a 3652 combos are about $120, the 3660/120a combos are about $140. I'd prefer the HW combo over the Castle Sidwinder due to the 5v/2a BEC. Lots of people have has issues with the BEC when they install a good high power servo. Plus 5v - hard to find good performing servos on 5v.

Best basher premium system - probably the Castle Mamba X / 1410 motor sensored system, for about $210. But they are backordered everywhere.

As a personal side note - I ordered the Castle Mamba X combo about 6 - 8 weeks ago, it was backordered, waited a while, cancled to buy the HW Max10, it was backordered, so I ordered (and just received) a Racerstar 3660 combo. Have not installed it, though

Cheapest would be one of the GoolRC/Surpass/Racerstart combos - 3660 motor in 3300 or 3800kv, with a 80a ESC - they run about $60-$80, or a 3650 with 60a ESC for about $50. Good motors, but the ESC's often don't last long. And they are NOT waterproof - even though they claim it.

Best budget system would probably be the Hobbywing Max10 - the 60a 3652 combos are about $120, the 3660/120a combos are about $140. I'd prefer the HW combo over the Castle Sidwinder due to the 5v/2a BEC. Lots of people have has issues with the BEC when they install a good high power servo. Plus 5v - hard to find good performing servos on 5v.

Best basher premium system - probably the Castle Mamba X / 1410 motor sensored system, for about $210. But they are backordered everywhere.

As a personal side note - I ordered the Castle Mamba X combo about 6 - 8 weeks ago, it was backordered, waited a while, cancled to buy the HW Max10, it was backordered, so I ordered (and just received) a Racerstar 3660 combo. Have not installed it, though
You are definitely a plethora of information, and I really appreciate the info. Thank you! I'm really new to this, and I don't want to "learn the hard way" and spend a ton of money on stuff you guys already know is no good. I think I'm going to try the Hobbywing route since you're the 2nd one to recommend it to me. Thanks again buddy!

Well, if you decide to dump it, let me know. I might be interested. My oldest would be ecstatic, but I don't know if I want to take on another project. I see you're in wi, are you anywhere near Milwaukee?
Not far. Over by Madison. I’m not going to dump it. Just frustrated. Son loves the truck, when it runs. Going to order a brushless kit for it and hope for the best.

Not far. Over by Madison. I’m not going to dump it. Just frustrated. Son loves the truck, when it runs. Going to order a brushless kit for it and hope for the best.
I didn't really think you would wanna dump it off, but I've been surprised before! I think you'll be happy once you get past the motor issues. I've abused mine pretty bad, and it's held its own. Bash, break, bandage, repeat!

I didn't really think you would wanna dump it off, but I've been surprised before! I think you'll be happy once you get past the motor issues. I've abused mine pretty bad, and it's held its own. Bash, break, bandage, repeat!
This truck doesn’t get bashed that hard. It’s my sons truck. I have my outcast for the hard bashing haha. He hits jumps with it but they are limited by the power of the stock system. Really wanna go brushless but debating if I want to open that can of worms. He really enjoys the truck though.

This truck doesn’t get bashed that hard. It’s my sons truck. I have my outcast for the hard bashing haha. He hits jumps with it but they are limited by the power of the stock system. Really wanna go brushless but debating if I want to open that can of worms. He really enjoys the truck though.

I love my brushless Granite. Thing is a tiny beast. Too speed around 53, wheelies on demand, great punch down low and very controllable in the air. That said, I dumped a fair bit of time and money into it.

20180802_155552.jpg

Running brushed engine on grass is a sure way of getting it heat up and smoke. Get brushless.. also stock servo is weak..

The wife gave me the receipt for the new granite blx preorder as a anniversary present! Here we go... Man I'm glad I didn't buy another brushed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back