Cap pack on a 4s basher?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPWSRC

Cake Boss RC pit crew!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Typhon 3s
I acquired a Firma 130a Smart ESC for a 4s Outcast build I'm doing. It didn't come with a cap pack. From what I've read cap packs are mostly used on speed rigs and not bash rigs but was curious, since all of my RTR 3, 6, and 8s rigs have em. Would this be to prolong ESC life? Not sure about positive effects in an offroad rig since traction is an inherent issue due to the surface they are typically on.

Capacitors help minimize oscillations in the voltage. This reduces stress on the esc... lowering the ripple effect.. I mean dragster people are using em 🤷 all the matter of opinions really. Every esc has a cap pack built in.. some are visible and some are not.. I use em on my 6s and 8s setup. To drop the ripple effect. Otherwise I don't see any differences.. someone else might chime in and tell you something different 🤔.

Capacitors help minimize oscillations in the voltage. This reduces stress on the esc... lowering the ripple effect.. I mean dragster people are using em 🤷 all the matter of opinions really. Every esc has a cap pack built in.. some are visible and some are not.. I use em on my 6s and 8s setup. To drop the ripple effect. Otherwise I don't see any differences.. someone else might chime in and tell you something different 🤔.
I should've said external cap pack. The ESC has a pair but I didn't know if these would be adequate. Thanks for you reply!👍

I should've said external cap pack. The ESC has a pair but I didn't know if these would be adequate. Thanks for you reply!👍
Sorry. I was in a rush typing. "At work" but I don't think a external esc will benefit anything.. other than lowering ripple effects. Unless You're a full throttelling 99% of the time...

Sorry. I was in a rush typing. "At work" but I don't think a external esc will benefit anything.. other than lowering ripple effects. Unless You're a full throttelling 99% of the time...
I expect it will be more like 50-60% of the time.

I don't think you need an external cappack for bashing unless doing offroad speedruns on using big gears

I don't think you need an external cappack for bashing unless doing offroad speedruns on using big gears
I'll be running a 15t/57t combo on a OC4s I just built with Backflip LPs. I have a grass training field I normally play on with my other rigs and Im hoping to get a ramp set up so I can jump out there. Thanks for all your help guys. I may end up just using 3s if the rig is too unpredictable to control anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back