Limitless cap pack wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its better to hard wire it, and with an absolute minimum distance of wire as close to the ESC as possible

can i solder in a plug or is it better to hard wire a cap pack?
I like solder personally...... solder close as possible to the ESC (measure no more than 2mm away) when you unplug your battery..... your car SHOULD still have POWER until the CAPS discharge.....but hey to EACHES own

just did a run this morning. the cap pack i got from amain hobbies i should have left alone. averaged around 2 on the sag with a 4.8 peak sag. just ordered a ripple killer pack. should have listened to EVERYONE to begin with. but atleast i got a new pb of 110. nothing like what you guys are getting but it got this old mans blood pumping.

just did a run this morning. the cap pack i got from amain hobbies i should have left alone. averaged around 2 on the sag with a 4.8 peak sag. just ordered a ripple killer pack. should have listened to EVERYONE to begin with. but atleast i got a new pb of 110. nothing like what you guys are getting but it got this old mans blood pumping.
Congrats on your new PB. For knowing if the Cap Pack is working you need to know what's your Ripple voltage.

Congrats on your new PB. For knowing if the Cap Pack is working you need to know what's your Ripple voltage.
the ripple spiked to 4.8 im still learning how to read the logs but i know that is too high. it said avg was 2 volts. i think still too high

Definitely ditch that cappack, that ripple is too high. By comparison, on my XLX2 I get ripple current of under 1.0 after a speedrun with no cappack. On a 2 year old XLX with a old Flopack cappack that has seen at least 50 speedruns I still get 1.39

Definitely ditch that cappack, that ripple is too high. By comparison, on my XLX2 I get ripple current of under 1.0 after a speedrun with no cappack. On a 2 year old XLX with a old Flopack cappack that has seen at least 50 speedruns I still get 1.39
Yep the XLX2 is by far the lowest ripple I’ve seen and no cap pack at all.

You can always charge up you cap pack and then put it on a volt meter.
The voltmeter has some internal resistance so it will start to discharge. I recommend for any new cap pack getting some baseline readings of how far the voltage drops in x amount of time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back