Typhon Capacitors on battery leads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Do all of the new Spektrum equipped rigs have caps added to the battery leads from the esc? Can I remove them? They put them way too close to the esc and the Typhon body is pressing on them pretty hard. Can't seem to find a good way to turn the leads where they are less of an issue. Forward sits on the servo, and to the sides, not enough wire to clear the esc.
20191017_090559.jpg

Do all of the new Spektrum equipped rigs have caps added to the battery leads from the esc? Can I remove them? They put them way too close to the esc and the Typhon body is pressing on them pretty hard. Can't seem to find a good way to turn the leads where they are less of an issue. Forward sits on the servo, and to the sides, not enough wire to clear the esc.View attachment 51074
No you can’t remove them. They have to be that close to be effective. Easy fix is to rotate the ESC 180 degrees so the motor wires are on that side and the battery leads are towards the motor.

No you can’t remove them. They have to be that close to be effective. Easy fix is to rotate the ESC 180 degrees so the motor wires are on that side and the battery leads are towards the motor.
Was going to be my next step, but thought I'd ask first anyways. Thanks JD.?

Put the esc down in the tub buddy... right behind the motor, the mounts are there... it's a all around better way to mount the esc...
Yee haw! we're moving things now. I like it. Back to the bench.

It can be put there in any orientation you like...caps facing forward or backward.. I have my caps towards the motor... I had to use a servo extension to mount it this way... the esc plug does reach into the box, but because the wire inlet is in the front of the rx box it wouldnt reach the rx.. it will reach if the caps face forward... which ever works for you...

To be honest, you could likely desolder it and add an extension to it to move the cap pack out of the way. My max10sct esc came with that cap pack, but wasn't installed. I installed it on the battery leads myself similar to what you have and it's a nuisance. Bangs around and hits everything in my stampede 4x4. I ended up velcro'ing the battery lead to a T2T brace I put in it.

On my savage flux and erbe, I built cap packs that have 4-5 inches of lead. It's less than the length to the battery packs and it still seems to work fine.

The black block in the lower left is the cap pack:
2019-1010-ERBEv2-NewRearBrace-top.jpg

The black block ziptied to the roll hoop is the cap pack:
2019-0720-SavageFlux-CapPackHSFanOnESC-EscSideClose.jpg

Brought my ripple voltage from 3V+ to < 1V according to the mmx logs. So a bit of a jumper to the cap pack to get it out of the way shouldn't cause any issues and still benefit from having the cap pack.

Honestly the only reason they are there is because the increased wire length over the last version of that esc... they should have just left them the way they were... my hunch is that the open center shaft is the reason for the lengthened wires... they were doing anything they could to get the wires out around the shaft area, when they should have been focused on covering the shaft instead...

They can be removed, and wires shortened, but your left with a esc that has a hodge podge spliced set of wires with heat shrink... lame!

@Camaroboy383 @jondilly1974 and @olds97_lss, she's all done now. All great suggestions but moving the esc was the cleanest and easiest. Power switch placement makes way more sense now too. Can turn it on and off without removing the body. Thanks gents!?
20191017_125753.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back