Castle 1721???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubLRRLIFE!8887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
I was looking for a motor for my v2 lim I’m purchasing I’m running an xlx2 and I ran into this motor it says 2400kv but is 46 mm and 101 length comes with warnings who knows about it and it is good for speed running vs 2028 1100kv one?

3400CBA9-1B39-4FAA-9291-0D1B4CB14E0D.png

076E44AF-A3C9-4D2E-86ED-B21C5EC1BF2E.png

6090F775-1768-49B7-BD80-A25B57ABD89E.png

I just got the 1721...imo your gonna be better with the 2028...just because it's a less radical motor to control an much less issues to run into to
Ya wanna save some $$,I'd go with tp5660 or tp5670...1100-1500kv..
Thanks I always wanted a tp but never understand how they work with esc’s too many options lol

Thanks I always wanted a tp but never understand how they work with esc’s too many options lol
TP motors work fine with Castle ESCs. Take your pick of any 4-pole TP motor without having to worry about potential sync issues. If, however, you intend to pick up one of the large can 6-pole motors, conventional wisdom and experience tells us to stay under 1500KV.
The 1721 seems to be a very popular speed run motor. I think quite a few guys here use it.

@Diem Turner
The 1721 is a really good motor imho. It's quite versatile in terms of what voltages it can perform well at, it has a stainless steel encased rotor which really does a lot for a motor's durability and longevity. After talking with @vwturbowolf, you can view the 1721 and the TP 4080SVM 2400KV as close to identical as two motors as dissimilar as the two are can get in terms of RPM, current draw and Vmax. Performance in the same car with the same batteries was within 1mph IIRC. That's the last info on those two motors that I got anyways. The 1721 is a supremely smooth and quiet motor that produces very little mechanical running noise. The rotor is very "loose" in the magnetic field so it doesn't "clunk" into position between the the three magnetic fields like a lot of other motors do. It's very pleasant sounding and, if you run at 2-3am like I do, it's kinda nice because you don't feel like you're likely to bother any neighbors if you're running in or near residential areas. Granted, that's a pretty specific bonus feature that probably doesn't factor in for a lot of people. Most people speed run at a slightly more normal time of day. But I thought it's worth mentioning. :)

I was looking for a motor for my v2 lim I’m purchasing I’m running an xlx2 and I ran into this motor it says 2400kv but is 46 mm and 101 length comes with warnings who knows about it and it is good for speed running vs 2028 1100kv one?

View attachment 280308

View attachment 280309

View attachment 280310
I got this motor as a novice in the speed run game and I can say its a learning curve and I'm still coming around the turn lol. It is very powerfull and worth the money in my opinion. Very smooth and consistent. Also be aware that the new 2028 1700kv motor was release recently, so check that out so you don't have buyers remorse if you didn't know about it before haha. Here is a suggestion...buy both TP and the 1721 and give us your thoughts lol.

TP motors work fine with Castle ESCs. Take your pick of any 4-pole TP motor without having to worry about potential sync issues. If, however, you intend to pick up one of the large can 6-pole motors, conventional wisdom and experience tells us to stay under 1500KV.

The 1721 is a really good motor imho. It's quite versatile in terms of what voltages it can perform well at, it has a stainless steel encased rotor which really does a lot for a motor's durability and longevity. After talking with @vwturbowolf, you can view the 1721 and the TP 4080SVM 2400KV as close to identical as two motors as dissimilar as the two are can get in terms of RPM, current draw and Vmax. Performance in the same car with the same batteries was within 1mph IIRC. That's the last info on those two motors that I got anyways. The 1721 is a supremely smooth and quiet motor that produces very little mechanical running noise. The rotor is very "loose" in the magnetic field so it doesn't "clunk" into position between the the three magnetic fields like a lot of other motors do. It's very pleasant sounding and, if you run at 2-3am like I do, it's kinda nice because you don't feel like you're likely to bother any neighbors if you're running in or near residential areas. Granted, that's a pretty specific bonus feature that probably doesn't factor in for a lot of people. Most people speed run at a slightly more normal time of day. But I thought it's worth mentioning. :)
Awesome so I can run it with xlx2 in other words lol and not that size matters lmao it’s a big van motor at 100mm that’s the size of the 1717 1650 kv correct .
I got this motor as a novice in the speed run game and I can say it’s a learning curve and I'm still coming around the turn lol. It is very powerfull and worth the money in my opinion. Very smooth and consistent. Also be aware that the new 2028 1700kv motor was release recently, so check that out so you don't have buyers remorse if you didn't know about it before haha. Here is a suggestion...buy both TP and the 1721 and give us your thoughts lol.
Lmao I wish I was going for the 2028 xlx2 and then I ran across that motor so 2028 won’t overload the esc ?

Awesome so I can run it with xlx2 in other words lol and not that size matters lmao it’s a big van motor at 100mm that’s the size of the 1717 1650 kv correct .
That would be a TP5670 then, correct? That's a bit bigger than the 1717. It clocks in at 49x88mm and the 5670 is 56x102mm. That was a cleverly placed typo btw. The misdirection was real. I was trying to work out which RC van you pulled a big motor from for two or three seconds before realizing that it was supposed to say big CAN motor.

That would be a TP5670 then, correct? That's a bit bigger than the 1717. It clocks in at 49x88mm and the 5670 is 56x102mm. That was a cleverly placed typo btw. The misdirection was real. I was trying to work out which RC van you pulled a big motor from for two or three seconds before realizing that it was supposed to say big CAN motor.
Lmao I’m working and trying to solve my rc problems at the same time 🤪

I'm currently running tp5670-1270kv and it's by far most powerful motor I've ran..never ran a 2028.1270k is a absolute torque monster...0-160 so effortlessly with what seams like zero trigger delay. Hit 100% throttle an cars right there also..there's none of the hitting 100% an motors still building rpms.1270kv hits 100% right with your trigger..it's crazy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back