Castle B Link

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an apple app for the phone which I read is only recommended for field use not resetting the esc. I used to use umbutu back in the day but don't really feel like dealing with all that to use esc adapter. I've uninstalled and reinstalled app like 3 times. That deletes data logs. reset b link with reset pin. The fact you can't reset an esc without a computer is retarded to me!
Are you sure you can't reset it without a pc? I know you can reflash the firmware with the mobile app for sure. Btw you should go to the actual clear data log button and hit it anyway.

Tbh, with castle esc's I've run into the same problem numerous times and it always happens randomly and is definitely a bug. My esc will stop working until i clear the data log. The data log won't even be full, at least it won't report as full. It still won't work until I clear it though.

Try reflashing the firmware too!!

Btw what is the light on the esc doing?

Are you sure you can't reset it without a pc? I know you can reflash the firmware with the mobile app for sure. Btw you should go to the actual clear data log button and hit it anyway.

Tbh, with castle esc's I've run into the same problem numerous times and it always happens randomly and is definitely a bug. My esc will stop working until i clear the data log. The data log won't even be full, at least it won't report as full. It still won't work until I clear it though.

Here's a video..easier to just show you. I had an issue with the transmitter throttle being reversed and when I fixed that to calibrate the throttle rev, neutral it worked. Grabbed it went outside and realized it was in reverse so I opened the app to change the motor direction, should have just swapped wires but thought that's what the convenience of the app was for, and it's been locked, stuck ever since and I can't make any progress now. Been fkn with it for about 7 hours straight with a multiple bong rips to keep my sanity 🙄

Here's a video..easier to just show you. I had an issue with the transmitter throttle being reversed and when I fixed that to calibrate the throttle rev, neutral it worked. Grabbed it went outside and realized it was in reverse so I opened the app to change the motor direction, should have just swapped wires but thought that's what the convenience of the app was for, and it's been locked, stuck ever since and I can't make any progress now. Been fkn with it for about 7 hours straight with a multiple bong rips to keep my sanity 🙄

Was this while you were trying to calibrate or just turning the esc on?

Just turning it on. It won't let me enter the calibration.
Try changing the throttle back to normal on the radio and trying again

If that doesn't work

I think you should unplug the esc from the rx and see if it boots up normally

Edit:

When Not Calibrating & No Throttle Input
ESC not calibrated/armed OR throttle sub-trim is not "0"

This is what it says for flashing red light. I think you need to get it to calibrate and I think it's not calibrating because you have the throttle chan reversed on the radio.

I did. It was reversed from the other night when I initially got it hooked up. Never calibrated. Went to calibrate today and it wouldn't let me, same as now, figured out the transmitter was reversed, fixed it, and calibration worked. That's when I went outside.
I think when I was using the B link, trying to send saved settings to the esc from the app...it froze and I THINK I need the usb/pc to reset.

If that doesn't work

I think you should unplug the esc from the rx and see if it boots up normally

Edit:

When Not Calibrating & No Throttle Input
ESC not calibrated/armed OR throttle sub-trim is not "0"

This is what it says for flashing red light. I think you need to get it to calibrate and I think it's not calibrating because you have the throttle chan reversed on the radio.
I'll upload another video showing both ways. The b link is not plugged in at all.
I did. It was reversed from the other night when I initially got it hooked up. Never calibrated. Went to calibrate today and it wouldn't let me, same as now, figured out the transmitter was reversed, fixed it, and calibration worked. That's when I went outside.
I think when I was using the B link, trying to send saved settings to the esc from the app...it froze and I THINK I need the usb/pc to reset.

I'll upload another video showing both ways. The b link is not plugged in at all.
here it is

Last edited:

My MMX8S would absolutely not reset with the Blink when it went crazy. I had to use a PC and the Castle adapter to reset it.

My MMX8S would absolutely not reset with the Blink when it went crazy. I had to use a PC and the Castle adapter to reset it.
That's what i'm afraid is happening. I find it hard to believe as big as this company is they can't/won't have a mac app developed. I'm no coder but it seems like it would be pretty simple.

That's what i'm afraid is happening. I find it hard to believe as big as this company is they can't/won't have a mac app developed. I'm no coder but it seems like it would be pretty simple.
I guess it's because not a lot of people have a MAC. I would send them an email and ask why not, or call them up. That sucks though. I use my cheap laptop that is falling apart in order for me to have windows 😂

I guess it's because not a lot of people have a MAC
Not possible, that's a myth. Tons of people, artists, musicians etc use macs. Used to be the best computer for music production and djing. Never had a macbook pro crash in the middle of a set in front of several hundred people...can't say the same about my pc's. Oh well I'll email and tell them. Lesson learned 🤷🏻‍♂️

There is an apple app for the phone which I read is only recommended for field use not resetting the esc. I used to use umbutu back in the day but don't really feel like dealing with all that to use esc adapter. I've uninstalled and reinstalled app like 3 times. That deletes data logs. reset b link with reset pin. The fact you can't reset an esc without a computer is retarded to me!
I just bought a cheapo windows laptop with no bells and whistles because I need the platform to run a couple programs that I use to rewrite automotive ECU codes, for the Castle Link, and for a security system. Prior to my laptop purchase I was using a cheap AliExpress tablet that ran windows. Looked like an old Kindle or something, but I eventually wanted a bigger screen.

I just bought a cheapo windows laptop with no bells and whistles because I need the platform to run a couple programs that I use to rewrite automotive ECU codes, for the Castle Link, and for a security system. Prior to my laptop purchase I was using a cheap AliExpress tablet that ran windows. Looked like an old Kindle or something, but I eventually wanted a bigger screen.
I met up with a buddy yesterday and he mentioned using an iPad on his cc esc's. He has some drag cars with castle esc's. I assumed if it doesn't work with iphone, imac and macbook it wouldn't 🤷🏻‍♂️ I have an older ipad mini..
I've been entertaining getting a windows machine for music production to change it up.

Still waiting waiting on the usb adapter before I can do anything atm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back