Castle B Link

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spektrum AVC receivers are finnicky for calibration. You can't hold full throttle at power up like Castle recommends.
  1. Power on transmitter and leave throttle at neutral
  2. Power on ESC
  3. Wait for receiver to complete startup/beeping process
  4. Go full throttle on transmitter (this starts the ESC calibration and you'll get green lights)
  5. When ESC light starts blinking red, go full reverse on transmitter
  6. When ESC light starts blinking yellow, go neutral on transmitter
Disclaimer: keep your wheels off the ground during this process. If the ESC doesn't successfully go into calibration mode, you'll have a car trying to go full throttle 😬

Thank you for the instructions. I can’t even get green lights. Wheels are off !! Lol. I’ve done that before with a Kraton 8s.

As soon as the esc kicks on and does it start up jingle, it goes right into 2 fast beeps and then a long one.

Is that normal ? Do you think my esc is broke ? I’ve been at this all day. Opened up a ticket with castle and they basically gave me the exact same instructions.

I called them and left a VM.

Thank you for the instructions. I can’t even get green lights. Wheels are off !! Lol. I’ve done that before with a Kraton 8s.

As soon as the esc kicks on and does it start up jingle, it goes right into 2 fast beeps and then a long one.

Is that normal ? Do you think my esc is broke ? I’ve been at this all day. Opened up a ticket with castle and they basically gave me the exact same instructions.

I called them and left a VM.
It sounds like your ESC isn't connecting properly with the receiver.

Can you double check your ESC/receiver cable is plugged in properly on both ends? What channel is it plugged into on the receiver? Is there any damage to the pins on the ESC?

Orange and brown is plugged into throttle port. White and brown is plugged into my aux port. I bought a new wire harness to test and still have no luck.

Orange and brown is plugged into throttle port. White and brown is plugged into my aux port. I bought a new wire harness to test and still have no luck.
I know this sounds like an annoying tech support question, but can you post some pics of how it's plugged in everywhere?

Sure will brother. My b link works. That was the original problem I had, thus the name of the thread. I had my b link attached to the white and brown.

08025055-5906-491A-9815-3959E04B2607.jpeg

I see so many people go through problems with spektrum and castle calibration. 😱

Sure will brother. My b link works. That was the original problem I had, thus the name of the thread. I had my b link attached to the white and brown.

View attachment 281686
Can you take a pic of the ESC side? Have you tried unplugging those wires from the ESC to see if any pins underneath are bent/broken?

This may be the official reason to get a NB4. Lol. I’m really not a fan of DX5 rugged. Do you know if the NB4 calibrates well with an Xlx2?
I would assume so as a lot of speedrunners like the nb4 iirc.

This may be the official reason to get a NB4. Lol. I’m really not a fan of DX5 rugged. Do you know if the NB4 calibrates well with an Xlx2?
Sure does, I use my nb4 for all my cars. 3 w/ hobbywing max6 4985 1650kv & both my speed runners w/ an xlx2. Throttle timing (basically just like perfect pass, but your input timing goes up/down in 0.1 second intervals) & steering timing are a godsend.

Can you take a pic of the ESC side? Have you tried unplugging those wires from the ESC to see if any pins underneath are bent/broken?
That’s a good one. I will check. Hold tight
That’s a good one. I will check. Hold tight
They look straight. What do you think ?
Hear a question for everyone. Before I go buying an NB4 and 8 rx’s. Lol

When you first fire up an Xlx2, bind the rx and then calibrate,,, does it make the 2 fast beeps and 1 long beep ? Is that normal. The manual says is lost rx connection..

Attachments

• 08A66A63-228E-4194-ACD8-805DB66B34B8.jpeg
    08A66A63-228E-4194-ACD8-805DB66B34B8.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 68080C49-C674-4668-9CA5-C993B0B2226E.jpeg
    68080C49-C674-4668-9CA5-C993B0B2226E.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Never had any luck with calibrating. I can only get steering. Playing phone tag with CC. I ended up breaking down and buying a NB4. I hope I can get that calibrated with my Xlx2/1100 kv motor. I’m dying to run it.

He had me do a master reset on my castle B link.
I'm having trouble. Been fkn with this thing allllll day. Ha dit working, went to change motor direction, now I think the esc is locked up. The 2 short beeps with 1 long. I don't own a PC just apple computers so I got the b link and seemed to work fine for all of 5 minutes. Any help would be appreciated. Can't factory reset the esc without the usb adapter on a windows computer wtf. Wished I would have just stuck with HW now!

I'm having trouble. Been fkn with this thing allllll day. Ha dit working, went to change motor direction, now I think the esc is locked up. The 2 short beeps with 1 long. I don't own a PC just apple computers so I got the b link and seemed to work fine for all of 5 minutes. Any help would be appreciated. Can't factory reset the esc without the usb adapter on a windows computer wtf. Wished I would have just stuck with HW now!
try clearing the data log. I didn't know there was no apple app though. ?better learn how to run windows on your mac lol. Its probably not that hard actually

try clearing the data log. I didn't know there was no apple app though. ?better learn how to run windows on your mac lol. Its probably not that hard actually
There is an apple app for the phone which I read is only recommended for field use not resetting the esc. I used to use umbutu back in the day but don't really feel like dealing with all that to use esc adapter. I've uninstalled and reinstalled app like 3 times. That deletes data logs. reset b link with reset pin. The fact you can't reset an esc without a computer is retarded to me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back