Castle ESC Switch Issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayP.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
My castle ESCs always have an issue in the snow. The on/off switch will just stop working when it's ran in snow. Does anyone else have this issue? It happens on both my xlx2 and mamba monster x 6s ESC.

My castle ESCs always have an issue in the snow. The on/off switch will just stop working when it's ran in snow. Does anyone else have this issue? It happens on both my xlx2 and mamba monster x 6s ESC.
Yes Castle switches are known to be some of the worst on the planet. I use Hobbywing switches.
This one comes from China https://www.ebay.com/itm/284566766678?hash=item4241804456:g:-kcAAOSw23hhtv77
This one from the US https://www.ebay.com/itm/294684018411?epid=23012071945&hash=item449c8946eb:g:GS4AAOSw2XZh0fxM

This is the second switch.
20220128_220517.jpg
20220128_220526.jpg

Yes Castle switches are known to be some of the worst on the planet. I use Hobbywing switches.
This one comes from China https://www.ebay.com/itm/284566766678?hash=item4241804456:g:-kcAAOSw23hhtv77
This one from the US https://www.ebay.com/itm/294684018411?epid=23012071945&hash=item449c8946eb:g:GS4AAOSw2XZh0fxM

This is the second switch.
View attachment 197442View attachment 197443
That's unfortunate, really don't feel like soldering on a new switch considering I bought a switch plate specifically for their switches. Probably should've looked into it more, never knew how awful their switches were. I mean as long as it doesn't turn itself off when I'm driving I could care less, but it is a little concerning. I appreciate this though, it'll be something I do in the future if I ever buy more castle ESCs.

That's unfortunate, really don't feel like soldering on a new switch considering I bought a switch plate specifically for their switches. Probably should've looked into it more, never knew how awful their switches were. I mean as long as it doesn't turn itself off when I'm driving I could care less, but it is a little concerning. I appreciate this though, it'll be something I do in the future if I ever buy more castle ESCs.
You can always eliminate the switch entirely. Just solder the wires together.

You can always eliminate the switch entirely. Just solder the wires together.
Yes I know of this, but I prefer to have a switch on the vehicle, just my personal preference. I understand why some people don't, like the vehicle shutting itself off after hard landings or crashes, but that never really happens with the way I drive. It's nice being able to turn the vehicle on and off without having to unplug and plug a battery in.

Go to autozone buy a cheap on off switch wire it up or solder it up 💥 you good
If it ends up completely failing on me I will, but I'm going to try and see if I can do a better job of waterproofing it myself. So far I haven't had their switches completely fail, which is probably a miracle. Usually after it's completely dry, it starts working like normal again.

If it ends up completely failing on me I will, but I'm going to try and see if I can do a better job of waterproofing it myself. So far I haven't had their switches completely fail, which is probably a miracle. Usually after it's completely dry, it starts working like normal again.
My esc got wet and 2 days later nothing worked or you can buy that esc wire harness on eBay for $8
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3929369907...agPDlh1CCFf6sZNDYtS3bmF0hNSk4eqgaAsYKEALw_wcB

My esc got wet and 2 days later nothing worked or you can buy that esc wire harness on eBay for $8
Really? That's ridiculous... They really shouldn't consider their ESCs waterproof then if the switch can die that easily.

I used to have this issue also. I cut the finger out of a good rubber glove and put the switch inside it an then recounted the switch n it's been fine ever since. This was in both my traxxas e maxxs so there was an actual place to mount the switchs where the glove would be on tight. You could always use a zip tie around around the bottom of it also. Hope this helps

If you don't like soldering you could use some crimping instead. Castle appears to be using 2.0 mm pitch DuPont-type connectors for MMX 6S wire harnesses. I've bought mine from Aliexpress for a couple of $, but any proper electronic components store should have them in stock. OEM switch connectors can be removed from the plastic housing without destroying the housing.
MMX wire harness.jpg

Don't know about XLX2, but since it's not as space-constrained as MMX is, they've probably used standard 2.54 mm pitch DuPonts for it, which is very common, there are even pre-crimped wires with that type of connectors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back