Kraton Center diff fluid - non-LSD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLikeRCs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
I love the power responsiveness on the ground of my friend's Kraton EXB, which I think is mostly due to the LSD center diff.

Both his LSD and my normal diff are filled with 100k cst oil.

I think it would be possible to get that LSD feel with thicker center diff fluid on mine?

If so, should I go for 500k, 750k, 1M, 1.5M or 2M cst?

Thanks! I'm wondering about how much more the LSD diff is locked compared to the normal one when using the same viscosity oil?
I’ve read that you can multiply by three. Under load, 200K in an LSD diff feels like 600K in an open diff.

I have followed that rule of thumb and it seems pretty accurate to me 🤷‍♂️

I’ve read that you can multiply by three. Under load, 200K in an LSD diff feels like 600K in an open diff.

I have followed that rule of thumb and it seems pretty accurate to me 🤷‍♂️
Huh that's interesting. I'm gonna try some 500k first then instead of the 1M as i kinda like the feel of the exb rn

500k is nice for a little bit.. but it will get beat down fairly quick and feel more like 300k.. frequent changes will be needed to keep that 500k feel..

So if I put in 1M, when it gets old it'll feel like 500k?

Close, but not that much loss... takes alot longer for the 1mil to break down as well with less diff action happening..

I guess 750k would be good then??
I'd personally rock the 1mil.. that's what I run currently in all my 6s rigs.. I prefer a more locked up center, and it still has give for the oops on trigger landings.. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back