Changing Pinion on the Felony?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no1zeppelinfan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
When putting the bigger stock pinion in the Felony does the little sleave marked in the picture come out or stay in? tia

2021-11-09.png

You should be able to leave it in without any interference.. It is there to prevent the pinion from creeping back into the mounting plate in the event the pinion grub comes loose..

If you can leave it, (which you should be able to) you should..👍..

And for sure, as @Boggs3010 said.. don't forget the loctite and to let it sit at least over night, 24hrs is best...✌️

^^^ This.

Why did you even ask??? :rolleyes:
Have a reason not to reinstall it???
Confused on your reasoning and/or question??
Is it optional. Perhaps. But it is there for a reason.
Did you lose it or something?

i'd take it off, you don't need it.
Most of my rigs don't have them there. It was just part of that whole OE Safe-D pinion setup thing.
If Came with, use it. Unless you lost it. Cheap enough to replace. Cheap insurance.
The purpose is to keep the Pinion gear aligned with the Spur Gear IF the grub screw loosens. A failsafe part that can prevent gear damage.
I rarely if ever have my grub screws loosen. I would focus on this more. Clean the Grub and pinion and armature shaft well, use Blue TL and let cure like stated above for 2 hours Before running it. The rule.

You should be able to leave it in without any interference.. It is there to prevent the pinion from creeping back into the mounting plate in the event the pinion grub comes loose..

If you can leave it, (which you should be able to) you should..👍..

And for sure, as @Boggs3010 said.. don't forget the loctite and to let it sit at least over night, 24hrs is best...✌️
Great, thanks. Have left it in. UIsed loctite, Thanks
^^^ This.

Why did you even ask??? :rolleyes:
Have a reason not to reinstall it???
Confused on your reasoning and/or question??
Is it optional. Perhaps. But it is there for a reason.
Did you lose it or something?
Because I’m a newbie and it’s a genuine question because I’m unsure and making sure. I left it in but looking at that picture it looks like they’re saying take it out when you install the bigger pinion, just making sure.

Great, thanks. Have left it in. UIsed loctite, Thanks

Because I’m a newbie and it’s a genuine question because I’m unsure and making sure. I left it in but looking at that picture it looks like they’re saying take it out when you install the bigger pinion, just making sure.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.:LOL: You are honest.
Got ya.:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back