Chassis Screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charger

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
First day on Forum and first time RC owner, so be easy on me. Before I ran it the first time, I checked all the chassis screws for tightness.
Noticed a chassis screw missing and think I found the one that was missing. I have a new V5 Typhon and looking at the bottom of the chassis plate, just behind the opening showing the gear is another small square opening and behind that is a hole where a screw is missing. When you try to tighten the screw, there is nothing there to screw into. The hole is directly under the chassis brace on the rear and about an inch or so behind the front chassis screw. The top side of the hole does not show any signs of having a nut or something mounted to it. Without removing the brace, I can't tell if there is a threaded hole in the bottom of the brace for the screw to go into. If so, maybe one I found is not the correct one and to short.There is about 1/2" space from the hole to the brace. Thanks dm

IMG_8986.jpg

Not sure what that hole is for to be honest, I noticed the other V5 models have it as well.

There was a screw in the hole when I went through them giving them a little nudge.

There was a screw in the hole when I went through them giving them a little nudge.
Free extra screw ?‍♂️

This is a screen shot off a V5 Kraton unboxing video, same hole no screw.
raswersgditled.jpg

I think I have solved my question. I think the hole did not have a screw in it from the begining. I remember one of my grandkids dropping a container in the garage containing a lot of his Traxxas odds and ends and didn't pick up everything. Thanks to everyone that I had scratching their heads trying to help me out. Like Forest said, Stupid is as stupid does... dm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back