Chassis Skins are they worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
I was wondering what people thoughts on Chassis Skins where? I have bought a few from Darkside Studios! I have bought the reg and the extreme bashing and they don't hold up like I thought they would! Plus the left over adhesive is a pain in the a.. to get off! But at the same time I want to keep the chassis as nice as I can! The skins don't seem to hold up all that well on the road cars like the Felony, Limitless, etc! Do I just say screw it and not worry about the chassis, or is there another method to keeping chassis nice that I don't know about? I wish they made a solid piece that just was flat that u could bolt on that would cover the Screws and Chassi at the same time! Please let me know what your thoughts are about the situation!

I ve got one on my noto from arrma skinz, would I buy another?. No. Its held up OK but something I didn't account for, if you need to heat pins to get things like motor mount out etc you have to do it from the top or use a soldering iron on the pin head which takes a dogs age. I would imagine acetone would remove any residue. I've seen on another forum somewhere a guy used snowmobile skids iirc like a white/clear hdpe kind of thing. Looked super robust.

For me I don't bother now I use long ti skid plates and the super basher bumpers wrap around the front anyway. Chassis scratches are your war paint.

For onroad/speedrunning I’d imagine they hold up much longer than offroad.
When I chassis gets scratched up I sand it and leave it silver shiny or paint it paint. Some skins look really cool though👍.

This is approx 2 years in but I only bash on grass really. Very rarely does this rig see gravel etc. Destroy the skin no doubt.
16500919718577755191686514977994.jpg

I ve got one on my noto from arrma skinz, would I buy another?. No. Its held up OK but something I didn't account for, if you need to heat pins to get things like motor mount out etc you have to do it from the top or use a soldering iron on the pin head which takes a dogs age. I would imagine acetone would remove any residue. I've seen on another forum somewhere a guy used snowmobile skids iirc like a white/clear hdpe kind of thing. Looked super robust.

For me I don't bother now I use long ti skid plates and the super basher bumpers wrap around the front anyway. Chassis scratches are your war paint.
Was it this? https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/full-chassis-skid-protection-for-et48.1153/

I bought one of the eBay ones once, some of the holes didn't line up right and it only had the holes in it for the V1 battery tray that is why it looks so janky around the holes for securing the battery tray. I think I ran this chassis 3 times.
20220416_014746.jpg
20220416_014743.jpg
20220416_014716.jpg
20220416_014650.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back