CNC P0rn // Machines in Action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to take away from your post, but you should see the machining process of a 50-inch titanium bypass fan being machined from start to finish. I've been in aviation for many years and it never gets old see the CNCs in action.

Been doing this my whole adult life, a real love/hate trade. Current project is on a Eurotech twin spindle twin turret lathe. Only ONE turn tool for the job, everything else is a live tool used as a mill, with an additional 360° axis through the main/sub spindles. I have another of the same machine doing a 90% turning job. Can't show the parts tho 🥷👉 💥 I like these machines, I wish the live tooling had more RPM though. (4k max 👎)

1000005881.png

I use a CNC router and laser cutter at work, it really is amazing to watch.
I've worked on Trumpf lasers cutting sheet metal. The programming of it is interesting, but not the operating of manually changing the sheets (even if they did have automatic pallet changers) or changing of the burnt slats.

Been doing this my whole adult life, a real love/hate trade. Current project is on a Eurotech twin spindle twin turret lathe. Only ONE turn tool for the job, everything else is a live tool used as a mill, with an additional 360° axis through the main/sub spindles. I have another of the same machine doing a 90% turning job. Can't show the parts tho 🥷👉 💥 I like these machines, I wish the live tooling had more RPM though. (4k max 👎)

View attachment 348463

*EDIT* Ahhh Eurotech :)

Live tooling is a must in today's market.

So is this how they are laying Seamless Kevlar / CF layers on bodies these days..

I need a Printer like THIS!!

I've worked on Trumpf lasers cutting sheet metal. The programming of it is interesting, but not the operating of manually changing the sheets (even if they did have automatic pallet changers) or changing of the burnt slats.
I'm lucky enough that what we do has a bunch of variety, almost everything is custom so it doesn't get monotonous.

*EDIT* Ahhh Eurotech :)

Live tooling is a must in today's market.

Absolutely, parts need to come off complete or as close to it as possible. They look at additional ops as a death sentence. They also want these crazy complex jobs to run lights out. 😆 LMAO ok I'll get right on that.......

Back