Infraction Over & Understeer - Ruining tires! (videos included)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 3s
  11. Vorteks
Can someone please give me insight as to why my Infraction understeers like crazy on one side yet oversteers on the other? Whenever I turn or drift the car to the right, it oversteers like crazy and will spin out. But, if I try to do the same thing when turning left, theres tons of understeer and I have to give it crazy throttle to even try and slide the rear out. This always causes my left rear tire to come unglued since its always on the outside when the car is oversteering while turning right.

My setup is balanced, running two 3S lipos, shocks are all at equal lengths running 2,000cst fluid, tires all the same compound...I'm using a Flysky GT5 with BS6 receiver and implementing the build in gyro. The receiver is pointing straight and is calibrated well. The car drives straight as an arrow. Camber is set decently as far as I'm concerned...I really don't get it! What is causing my car to behave completely different one side vs the other?

Here's some videos to explain...

Thanks in advance for any advice! 🤔

IMG_5546.jpeg

IMG_5545.jpeg

I would check your steering assembly, make sure there is no slop, get better saver from Hot Racing or amazon Sharegoo thing, and make sure your servo endpoints are good. Are you still on stock servo?

Are you using the gyro?
All bearings running smooth?
End points of the steering the same? Not only on the receiver, but also physically on the car? (Using sub trim to straighten the driving and then adjust you end points)

Steering assembly is fine, endpoints are all the same, running an upgraded servo. Beyond that, the car oversteers considerably more even when the wheels aren't turned fully. As soon as I enter a turn to the right, the car immediately oversteers and loses grip much more than when the car is turning left. It seems like theres something with the way the car drives maybe in the diffs or drivetrain that is causing it to act differently on one side vs the other but I have no clue what it could be.

do you know how to adjust the droop screw?
lift up the front with a hex driver at the middle point of the front chassis and check if both wheels rise and falls at the same time..maybe this will help.

My setup is balanced, running two 3S lipo
Maybe having the esc high up could mess with the balance?

I would look if I could find anything asymmetric...
It would not be perfect,I know, but you could try making the rear left camber link 1mm shorter than the right and see what this would do. Maybe this would also help with the tire becoming unglued. Or increase the rear left toe in.

Back