What the heck is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I would appreciate it if someone could chime in and relieve me of my ignorance. This is from the MGM site. And no, I’m not dropping that kind of money on an ESC and motor but…what is up with 6 motor leads going into that ESC? Whatever it is seems to handle up to 15s for motor and ESC!
They have several motors in this configuration. This is new to me.
IMG_2688.jpeg

I would appreciate it if someone could chime in and relieve me of my ignorance. This is from the MGM site. And no, I’m not dropping that kind of money on an ESC and motor but…what is up with 6 motor leads going into that ESC? Whatever it is seems to handle up to 15s for motor and ESC!
View attachment 316157
MGM is in bed with Lehner motors and they configure their ESCs to accommodate the Lehner motor plugs.
The Legner motor runs a bit differently and can be configured in different patterns which allows for 6 wires.

The way you wire the motor will directly change the motor KV

1691601418173.png

Lehner motors are also quite expensive and work much like a 2-pole motor where they prefer very high RPMs for best operation.

MGM is in bed with Lehner motors and they configure their ESCs to accommodate the Lehner motor plugs.
The Legner motor runs a bit differently and can be configured in different patterns which allows for 6 wires.

The way you wire the motor will directly change the motor KV

View attachment 316158

Lehner motors are also quite expensive and work much like a 2-pole motor where they prefer very high RPMs for best operation.
Wow. Thank you.

Wow. Thank you.
The construction of Lehner motors is different too, if you turn the shaft you won't feel the magnetic poles like we don't on regular brushless motors.
I have never used one, but hear that the experience is quite different.

View attachment 316157
man I saw an mcd rig with that poop a a week ago and I was also like WTF IS THAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. It looked so disgustingly awesome in that rig though.

Edit: found it!

man I saw an mcd rig with that poop a a week ago and I was also like WTF IS THAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. It looked so disgustingly awesome in that rig though.

Edit: found it!
Is it waterproof? Does it come with a program card? Just messin.. the esc alone cost more than my daily driver..but then again I see 6s rigs here that cost more than that,LOL. 😜

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back