CVD slider driveshafts on granite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was considering these as a possible upgrade on my Granite BLX. Anyone have any experience as far as durability compared to the stock set up? https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-4x4-mega-cvd-slider-set-ara310870/p775219
I think it is a luxury items that isn't really needed if you set your slipper properly. If you would have asked me last summer I had these on pre-order. I canceled the order before they finally came out as I figured out how not to pop my u-joints.

Can be worth it for the rear only but like said set your slipper right. Someone bought them and so far they are holding up strong and they are not overpriced like traxxas ones

Can be worth it for the rear only but like said set your slipper right. Someone bought them and so far they are holding up strong and they are not overpriced like traxxas ones
Weird I have only ever blown out fronts, still on the stock rears after over a year.

Wat doesn't make any sense lmao most of the load is always in the rear the fronts are always lifting up
Right? I don't get it I keep breaking the fronts. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Hot Racing slipper pads? Maybe they aren't allowing the front pad to slip?

I think thats whats hapenning go back to the stock pads i did not even worn mine yet they look like new
I need to buy new ones or another spur, short story long I put the old style spur and slipper, from my Typhon, on the Senton 3s because the mesh on the fixed motor mount chewed up the stock spur. I might just pick up a Hot Racing spur.

Weird I have only ever blown out fronts, still on the stock rears after over a year.
Same. For me it's either the nose dives frontal landings or cartwheels that wore out my fronts. A cross-pin popped right out of the socket. I was able to wedge it back in a few times until one day it finally gave out and snapped the u-joint.

Last edited:
I think it is a luxury items that isn't really needed if you set your slipper properly. If you would have asked me last summer I had these on pre-order. I canceled the order before they finally came out as I figured out how not to pop my u-joints.
Lol! Ok, Chief. The plastic driveshafts will break even with a perfectly set slipper. To keep it in perspective, you have broken more chassis that I have driveshafts. Think about that ?

Idk I've never seen Twilight, my ex tried to get me to watch one of the movies once, it looked dumb.
FOUND THE CLOSET TWILIGHT FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked Twilight... the 2nd one was annoying with her bawling through the entire movie, but otherwise I enjoyed them.

These guys just came in.
FA3B684E-A8FB-403F-AD84-C0FC6B1CC1AC.jpeg

Got them installed and bashed on a 3S pack. Replaced the fronts. So far so good. I’ll check back with ya’ll after a few more packs and let you know the damage. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back