Day 2 Without Internet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
So the hurricane that came up the east coast really blasted my area of CT. I live in a heavily wooded area with tons of exposed power lines. Trees came down all over the place but thankfully none hit my house or my cars.

Tuesday around 4:00 pm I lost power. I could hear the crews responding to all of the downed trees and I figured it would be a while until power was restored. I went to bed and around 1 am the power came back. Yesterday morning I noticed my Spectrum internet was out. I used my cellular to access their website and check on what’s going on. I got a generic "A outage has been reported in your area." Fair enough. I figured service would be restored within a few hours. Boy was I wrong. As of this post I still do not have internet. My only access to the internet has been through my cellular provider and my service isn’t great where I live. You never truly realize how much you depend on the internet until you lose access. This totally blows.

I read that Spectrum has outages all across the country. Is anyone else that has Spectrum without service?

"or my cars" had me picturing a Kraton that's been smashed by a tree. ?

Hopefully they get you back online soon. No internet is some kind of torture.

I live in a middle of a mountain. We can’t get internet at our house. We cant get cable or satellite. my property is surrounded by state park and the trees block the satellite signal 9-10 months a year. We have to use our cellular devices for everything. The service is spotty as well... I feel your pain!

Apparently there is an issue with a hub in the Carolinas that the NE traffic is routed through. There are a ton of pissed off people in NY and CT.

So the hurricane that came up the east coast really blasted my area of CT. I live in a heavily wooded area with tons of exposed power lines. Trees came down all over the place but thankfully none hit my house or my cars.

Tuesday around 4:00 pm I lost power. I could hear the crews responding to all of the downed trees and I figured it would be a while until power was restored. I went to bed and around 1 am the power came back. Yesterday morning I noticed my Spectrum internet was out. I used my cellular to access their website and check on what’s going on. I got a generic "A outage has been reported in your area." Fair enough. I figured service would be restored within a few hours. Boy was I wrong. As of this post I still do not have internet. My only access to the internet has been through my cellular provider and my service isn’t great where I live. You never truly realize how much you depend on the internet until you lose access. This totally blows.

I read that Spectrum has outages all across the country. Is anyone else that has Spectrum without service?

My brother is out in Philly fixing the power. He said he's got about 2 weeks of work in his area alone with a crew of 4 trucks and 8 guys. Restoring power is the main concern, then they have to go back to button up and secure everything properly. Couldn't even imagine the damage if that was a BIG hurricane.

This is not the first hurricane he's been on. I asked him what the most dangerous part is and he said stupid people back-feeding their house's with personal generators and NOT shutting off their breakers. It powers up the lines to the breakage and guys have been hurt in the field with power that went through the transformers that doubled or tripled up voltages.

Here's the double edge sword. The same guys back feeding their houses with portable generator power that didn't shut off their breaker, once that power is restored and fixed, those people now have a very expensive fireworks show right in their homes!

If you back-feed power, TURN OFF YOUR BREAKER! :rolleyes: ;)

Any of you rural guys looking into Starlink for internet?
I have DirecTV and my service gets disrutped during heavy cloud cover and hard rain. I'd hate if that that happened with my internet. What I'd really like in my area is a traditional alternative. When Iived in NY I could choose from either Cablevision or Verizon Fios. That was a sweet deal. Where I am now it's either Spectrum or DSL ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back