Typhon Dboots tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
Can the same dboot spoke tires that are used on the typhon 6s blx be used on the tlr typhon

And the 3s typhon

As long as it has a 17mm hex, it will work.

The GRP 1:8 GTs are a good alternative (cheaper & competition standard)
Ok but i tried them once before and i think i got the wrong one! Meaning soft or hard! Not sure what to get meaning s7, s4, s5, etc?

Ok but i tried them once before and i think i got the wrong one! Meaning soft or hard! Not sure what to get meaning s7, s4, s5, etc?
I've been running them on the local track with a little bashing. The s4 have held up pretty well. S1 wet/soft, s7 hard. Why, what did you think? I found the dhoons average, less grippy than s4, but similar wear, but I'm pretty limited in experience.

If I was sticking to tarmac (rather than loose gravel) I personally wouldn't go back to dhoons. But I'm using a typhon not a drifter....maybe some others with more wider experience might comment, but that's my take

Last edited:
The White Hoons are fine and seem similar in wear to the mid range GRP's.
But once you get over 100MPH. The GRP's will shine much better. GRP's are Cheaper also.
"S" type compounds are generally chosen based on operating Climate temps and how groomed the tarmac is. Type of surface. Clean or sandy.
Pretty much trial and error what works for you.

I've been running them on the local track with a little bashing. The s4 have held up pretty well. S1 wet/soft, s7 hard. Why, what did you think? I found the dhoons average, less grippy than s4, but similar wear, but I'm pretty limited in experience.

If I was sticking to tarmac (rather than loose gravel) I personally wouldn't go back to dhoons. But I'm using a typhon not a drifter....maybe some others with more wider experience might comment, but that's my take
Not sure all I do is run on the streets! No track near me. The last ones I tried where the grey s7 and they didnt last long! New to the hobbie as well!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back