Mojave Is it normal to reglue dboots mojave after 10+runs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marski69

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
After 10+ runs the rubber tire comes off the rim.
Is that rormal?
Got 2 Arrma Mojaves and the both have that...

One Mojave from day one.
The other one after 10+runs.

Because you have to completely remove the glue residue when you glue it again,
you can also see the efficiency with which the tires are glued to the rim.
Amma is very thrifty here.
I thought I had had my share after crazy screws that wouldn't loosen on day 1
and other unforeseen things that no one is waiting for.

Anyway, last wheel is now in the acetone...

Okay so that's normal.
Wouldn't it be better to sell the car without gluing the tires to the rim?
That saves a lot of time and hassle getting the tire ready again by removing all the residue before re-gluing.

Okay so that's normal.
Wouldn't it be better to sell the car without gluing the tires to the rim?
That saves a lot of time and hassle getting the tire ready again by removing all the residue before re-gluing.

I think most just do a general cleaning off and glue without all that extra your doing.

I just wipe off or clean off anything loose and glue 🤔

Well, no, I've already hit my head with that once.
Then it went off somewhere else.
You can go home again and you have not yet half empty the battery.
I glue them completely myself so that is no longer a problem when I am somewhere.
If you also look closely, but Arrma's glue is very inconsistent and you don't have to ask yourself why.

You get 10 runs before re-glueing tyres? I'm jealous!

But yeah just part of regular maintenance. There's a bottle of CA glue in my field bag that comes with me.

I don't go too nuts trying to remove all the residue, just a clean with some isopropyl alcohol and sometimes I'll scuff things up with some sandpaper. Activator spray is your friend too.

In my experience Arrma tyres tend to be glued really well. Half a tyre came with no glue on at all on my X-Maxx

There is also little choice in 3rd party tires / rims for the Mojave.
Would be nice if louiserc.eu released a pair for the Mojave.
Looks good quality.
do you mean that even if you glue them properly yourself, they will eventually come loose?

But yeah just part of regular maintenance. There's a bottle of CA glue in my field bag that comes with me.

I don't go too nuts trying to remove all the residue, just a clean with some isopropyl alcohol and sometimes I'll scuff things up with some sandpaper. Activator spray is your friend too.

In my experience Arrma tyres tend to be glued really well. Half a tyre came with no glue on at all on my X-Maxx
Do you mean that even if you glue them properly yourself, they will eventually come loose?
The tire that came loose on the first day and I glued it on is still very tight.
wax on, wax off:)

I did the first tire this way, the better way without breaking any parts...
- 1. Put a layer of Acetone in a barrel that can be closed properly and put the tires on an elevation so that they do not collapse the liquid/acetone.
- 2. Leave them here for 1 to 2 days. The air of Acetone dissolves the glue.
- 3. Remove any glue residue by hand.
- 4 Use fine sandpaper and smooth out the imperfections in the rim and tyre.
- 5. Glue the tire to the rim.
The tire is still firmly attached to the rim.
I can't say that about the other 3 I hadn't done yet.

Last edited:
Do you mean that even if you glue them properly yourself, they will eventually come loose?
The tire that came loose on the first day and I glued it on is still very tight.
wax on, wax off:)

I did the first tire this way, the better way without breaking any parts...
- 1. Put a layer of Acetone in a barrel that can be closed properly and put the tires on an elevation so that they do not collapse the liquid/acetone.
- 2. Leave them here for 1 to 2 days. The air of Acetone dissolves the glue.
- 3. Remove any glue residue by hand.
- 4 Use fine sandpaper and smooth out the imperfections in the rim and tyre.
- 5. Glue the tire to the rim.
The tire is still firmly attached to the rim.
I can't say that about the other 3 I hadn't done yet.

Yep, I'm always gluing tyres. Every bash I'll check the tyres are glued by pulling on them all the way round at each edge. If a little bit has come unstuck, there's a risk you will rip a sidewall and/or blow a foam out.

Talking of which, I'd rather a glue bead let go than it ripping off at the bead. I have a tyre mountain with failures like that lol

Because they almost never have to be removed, why don't they already do that from the factory?
How hard can it be to machine these extremely tight?
If they crack, they're ready for the garbage, right?
And then the rubber is not strong enough.
That must have something to do with it. The fact that they come off the rim instead of tearing them beyond repair.
Gluing the tires / rim is not my hobby:(

If you can come up with a solution that is as light and durable as glue, we are all ears dude! If it makes you that emotional look into bead lock rims/tyres but if gluing tyres gets you upset, mounting a set of those will have you quitting the hobby lol and I like to keep my wheels and tyres as light as possible.

But seriously, it's not like 1:1 where you have thick steel cables and air pressure holding the tyres on. You have thin, stretchy rubber that needs holding on to the rim and glue is your only real option.

Just wait till you get something with big wheels and tyres like a Kraton. The forces increase massively.

But yeah bro just keep it simple. You don't need to remove the tyres and do all that work, just stay on top of keeping bits glued as they come unglued. Also activator spray, trust me

Activator spray i didn't know that one:)
Lets try.
If you can come up with a solution that is as light and durable as glue, we are all ears dude! If it makes you that emotional look into bead lock rims/tyres but if gluing tyres gets you upset, mounting a set of those will have you quitting the hobby lol and I like to keep my wheels and tyres as light as possible.

But seriously, it's not like 1:1 where you have thick steel cables and air pressure holding the tyres on. You have thin, stretchy rubber that needs holding on to the rim and glue is your only real option.

Just wait till you get something with big wheels and tyres like a Kraton. The forces increase massively.

But yeah bro just keep it simple. You don't need to remove the tyres and do all that work, just stay on top of keeping bits glued as they come unglued. Also activator spray, trust me
you can't use it for the inside because you can hardly reach it.
I assume the Activator spray for the outside glue?

"You have thin, stretchy rubber that needs holding on to the rim and glue is your only real option"

There are of course all sorts of solutions. Placing an inner ring is 1 so that you clamp the rubber.
I also saw another solution from a renowned brand, but the rims alone were already a fortune.
You have a good point that you want to keep the whole thing as light as possible.

Last edited:
banden.jpg

Bf Goodrich And Arrma Mojave

"You have thin, stretchy rubber that needs holding on to the rim and glue is your only real option"

There are of course all sorts of solutions. Placing an inner ring is 1 so that you clamp the rubber.
I also saw another solution from a renowned brand, but the rims alone were already a fortune.
You have a good point that you want to keep the whole thing as light as possible.
Yes you have bead lock rims which I mentioned, but the key bit is the weight. Weight span up to the speeds an RC car tyre is is magnified from the G forces and tyre/wheel weight has the biggest impact on handling imo.

Belted tyres can help as there is less pizza cutter effect pulling at the glue, but again the tradeoff is weight
Activator spray i didn't know that one:)
Lets try.

you can't use it for the inside because you can hardly reach it.
I assume the Activator spray for the outside glue?

Sorry missed this bit in my reply. Spray it on the outside with the rim flat, it will work it's way in and causes a chemical reaction that sets the glue instantly

I glue every new rim and tire I get. Just push the beads back a bit where you’re able to do so and glue the perimeter front and back right on top of the factory glue. It seems to help a lot, and I usually don’t need to re-glue again before the tires are shagged anyway. My Mojave is the only 6s Arrma I have that I actually run on 6s though. Typhons, NOTO’s, etc. all get run on 4s.

I've had a few sets of Armma tires that weren't glued properly out of the box.

I must be one lucky guy. I’ve gone through 3 sets of Mojave tires and have never had to re glue any of them. I only run 6s.

I’ve re glued the crap outta my proline badlands on the outcast. I’ve never had to reglue Hoons on the felony either, but they don’t last that long.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back