De anodizing aluminum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oven cleaner works great. Don’t leave it on too long and don't leave it on too short😂

Don’t breathe it in, do it in a well vented area. The anodize material is so minimal you won’t notice or feel any differences in the wheel nuts.

edit: wear protective gloves too.

Come on man. You ruined the fun. I was thinking of breathing it in hoping I would get high and actually buy a Traxxas! Enough with my stupid jokes, thanks for the help man. I tried to do lots of research but I just couldn't find anything.
Lol..

lots of China aluminum is raw and pitted. To get that shine you might have to sand it and polish it up. I’ve done this many times, what’s under the anodize is sometimes better left unknown. 😉

Easy off over cleaner works great

5ECFBC79-D461-4CE5-996A-3F23A761CA5E.jpeg

Easy off over cleaner works great

View attachment 129536
Wow....I guess so !!
Come on man. You ruined the fun. I was thinking of breathing it in hoping I would get high and actually buy a Traxxas! Enough with my stupid jokes, thanks for the help man. I tried to do lots of research but I just couldn't find anything.
I thought all you had to do in Canada is let them sit outside overnight in the winter and voila!!!!

Last edited:
I've used Easy Off, it can be messy and because it's foam, you get inconsistent coverage. I prefer the clog remover method. I actually used pure lye (a.k.a. caustic soda, the main ingredient in clog remover). AinsDRC says it works better than clog removers which may have other unnecessary ingredients. It worked very well for me. Quicker, easier, cleaner, more thorough, compared to Easy Off.

Last edited:
I did a huge job lot of de-anodizing the other week, I followed Thomas aka @TpPartsRcXtreme video. I also managed to get the same granules he used and it worked perfectly, downside is the horrific fumes this stuff gives off, work outside..!!
Make sure to wear protection if your using caustic soda or any harmful chemicals..!!! Hospital visits and burns for life are not part of the hobby, so stay sensible and safe..!!
DON'T BREATH VAPOURS, WEAR PROTECTION, GLOVES AND MASK..!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back