Typhon Decisions were made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Alright alright. I finally pulled the trigger on my first arrma. I got a typhon 6s v5. I also ordered two smc lipo true spec dv 6s2p 6500mah packs :)

I can’t wait haha. I’ll be ripping out the spectrum radio to run a gyro radiolink rc6gs v2. I have a spare Amazon 35kg servo as well if needed :)

anyways I can’t Wait. Hope you all are having a good day

Great choice. The Typhon is maybe my favorite Arrma. Here are my thoughts:

- It is plenty fast on 4S. Lunatic on 6S
- I run a 20T pinion, motor heatsink and fan
- Fun as a buggy, on the street, or with 2.8MT tires. Very versatile
- If you jump high, you will want at least aluminum chassis braces. I needed an M2C chassis too. Skip the EXB parts. They are soft and overpriced.
- Tires that hold 6S are hard to find. I’m still on the hunt. Stock tires will wear very fast. Hoons too. However on 4S they do quite well.
- Stock electronics (mine was V4) are plenty fast enough and have held up to tons of abuse.

Great choice. The Typhon is maybe my favorite Arrma. Here are my thoughts:

- It is plenty fast on 4S. Lunatic on 6S
- I run a 20T pinion, motor heatsink and fan
- Fun as a buggy, on the street, or with 2.8MT tires. Very versatile
- If you jump high, you will want at least aluminum chassis braces. I needed an M2C chassis too. Skip the EXB parts. They are soft and overpriced.
- Tires that hold 6S are hard to find. I’m still on the hunt. Stock tires will wear very fast. Hoons too. However on 4S they do quite well.
- Stock electronics (mine was V4) are plenty fast enough and have held up to tons of abuse.
Thankyou for the info :) I have mod 1 gearing 15t to 19t that I will have to try out.

I've had good luck with GRP s4 although they do harder compounds and softer. They are pretty reasonable at around $9-10 per corner. Have you tried the GRP tires?

Screenshot_20210329-080641_Chrome.jpg

Can anyone chime in on the truggified conversion? As I understand I need kraton stubs, hexes, and knuckles/bearing pillow blocks?
Even easier is the just get hexes with more extension. I have a set from Amazon that are cheap Chinesium that should have broken instantly and were told never to use them. It was like $10 so I said WTH and bought them anyways. They are still in use two years later and I bash the hell out of them. JBI also makes nice ones. They have multiple options for offset. Mine are 20mm offset.

Bought my first upgrades for the typhon today
Hot racing chassis braces front/rear
Nhx twin cyclone motor fan/heatsink
10k and 30k diff oil. (I have 50k 100k 1m in stock currently)
I plan on tearing down the truck immediately to inspect diffs and what not. Thinking 50k/100k/30k for my set up
Any other basic recommendations out there?

I plan on tearing down the truck immediately to inspect diffs and what not. Thinking 50k/100k/30k for my set up
Most people prefer anything between 200-1mil in the center diff but you will want to play around with different cst oils and find what you like.

You'll want to consider a metal servo bracket and a servo for when the arrma servo bites it. Also tires if you're gonna be running 6s on the road

Alright I may have made a whoopsie. Regarding batttery fitment.
Typhon battery tray
158 x 48 x 51mm or 6.22 x 1.89 x 2.00 inches

smc lipo dimensions
Length 142mm / 5.59in
Width 48mm / 1.89in
Height 71mm / 2.8in

I now see that the battery is 20mm taller than spec. Here’s to hoping I can stuff these batts under the body.

Yeah the typhon is the toughest one to get stuff to fit under the body. I agree above the easiest way to widen the axles to get enough room to run the 2.8 badlands is to get the extensions from just bash it. M2c is about to put out some +5mm ones as well. I swapped mine over to the kraton hubs/axles but that ends up being a little more pricy. I run my offroad typhon with that setup, and have 2 on road ones, one with mojave arms on grp's and one on typhon hubs/arms but running the infraction/limitless towers/shocks to look a little more sleek.

typhon8.jpg

typhon9.jpg

typhon10.jpg

typhon11.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back