SOLD / FOUND Delete please :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kraton EXB:
Brand new roller
Spektrum firma 150 + 2050kv
Hobbystar 13T pinion
20kg ds servo
SLT3 & sr315

Assembled and ready to rip, diff services complete 200k center 60k front 20k rear.

$900+ shipping (if paying with PayPal please keep in mind to add the 3% for buyers protection) thank you.

Mojave EXB:
Brand new roller
Spektrum firma 150 + 2050kv
17T pinion
20kg ds servo
SLT3 & sr315

Assembled and ready to rip, diff services complete 200k center 60k front 20k rear.

Shock service done with 70wt. The stock 40wt is much too soft in my opinion. If you’d prefer the stock 40wt please let me know and it will be done before it ships.

$1000 + shipping (if paying with PayPal please keep in mind to add the 3% for buyers protection) thank you. View attachment 117477View attachment 117478View attachment 117479View attachment 117480View attachment 117481

View attachment 117482

View attachment 117483

View attachment 117484

View attachment 117485

View attachment 117486

View attachment 117487

View attachment 117488

View attachment 117489
Both builds look awesome, with well-chosen components ?

I would be in the market for the Kraton EXB, but by the time I'd paid for shipping to Australia and import taxes etc, it would be cheaper for me to source it locally... Good luck with the sale, I'm sure they won't last long...

When I saw your post my initial reaction was: TWO EXB’s...why? But when I saw one pic that showed 8 other cars next to the EXB’s I think understand?.
GLWS, those are mucho mucho cool cars?

When I saw your post my initial reaction was: TWO EXB’s...why? But when I saw one pic that showed 8 other cars next to the EXB’s I think understand?.
GLWS, those are mucho mucho cool cars?
These two EXB’s were purchased to assemble and sell. Some people don’t have the know how or inclination to pull diffs out, service them and reinstall, service the shocks(Mojave), install all electronics and go over everything so it’s good to go and truly RTR.. Those things take time.. Starting to wonder if I made a mistake ??‍♂️

time will tell ??‍♂️

These two EXB’s were purchased to assemble and sell. Some people don’t have the know how or inclination to pull diffs out, service them and reinstall, service the shocks(Mojave), install all electronics and go over everything so it’s good to go and truly RTR.. Those things take time.. Starting to wonder if I made a mistake ??‍♂️

time will tell ??‍♂️
I think you may be straddling the fence here, but I digress. I think you are targeting a market well served by the RTR products, which will be cheaper. If you want to target the pro-sumer type market, you might want to choose electronics above the RTR level. From my perspective, I don't see a lot of value between these EXB units with RTR parts, and actual RTR units to justify the extra cost. Again, not hating, just trying to add to the discussion and trying my best to steer your process in a positive way. I want you to have success in your venture here, and my goal is only to help, not deride.

So, let's say my stance is correct, they want aftermarket electronics. I think you will have a tough time satisfying everyone, but a basic Hobbywing 1650 / MAX6 setup would be much more attractive. Heck, even the K8S RTR electronics would be an upgrade over K6S RTR parts.

Again, I hope these sell well for you as I am aware of the time it takes to do what you've done here.

I think you may be straddling the fence here, but I digress. I think you are targeting a market well served by the RTR products, which will be cheaper. If you want to target the pro-sumer type market, you might want to choose electronics above the RTR level. From my perspective, I don't see a lot of value between these EXB units with RTR parts, and actual RTR units to justify the extra cost. Again, not hating, just trying to add to the discussion and trying my best to steer your process in a positive way. I want you to have success in your venture here, and my goal is only to help, not deride.

So, let's say my stance is correct, they want aftermarket electronics. I think you will have a tough time satisfying everyone, but a basic Hobbywing 1650 / MAX6 setup would be much more attractive. Heck, even the K8S RTR electronics would be an upgrade over K6S RTR parts.

Again, I hope these sell well for you as I am aware of the time it takes to do what you've done here.
Appreciate the input @jondilly1974. I know your intentions would never be malicious.. maybe they get big boy electronics and come back.. ? thank you for taking the time to write all that.

I think it’s a great idea. I use to do the same thing with M14s... I’d buy a loaded M1A, bed the stock, trigger job, lap the bolt, etc & charge a reasonable fee for my time & supplies. Was slow at 1st but within a year i had a waiting list. Guaranteed the buyers are out there, they just gotta find you.

time will tell ??‍♂️
I don't think you've made a mistake at all mate. Yes, I think many people may want non-Spektrum YouTuber-spec electronics for EXB builds, but the fact is they're still very good quality components which will be more than capable of running these cars at their full potential with 6S. I also don't think these cars need to be bashed that hard at all to warrant most of the EXB upgrades, making them a good option for those less experienced with current-generation RC engineering.

For me, the most valuable part of the proposition was in the time saved to source components, install and service these builds.

You also allude to the skill and knowledge required to make these builds truly RTR (which I'm certain is honed and drawn from years of working on RCs), and for me that's also a major value addition. But I think you could spend a little more time expanding on this. For you, running through a build to iron out any issues from the factory might be a simple exercise, but which will save less experienced enthusiasts many future headaches.

I wish you good luck, peace and rainbows.

Thanks everybody, I truly appreciate the insight. I might tinker with these EXB’s and re-market them to a slightly different crowd.

on that subject, anyone looking for an 8s Mojave or kraton EXB? Haha. I have the parts.
I agree with the above. I don't think you made a mistake. If you would have flashed this deal in front of me a few months ago before I bought my version 2 Mojave when it first came out, I would have seriously considered buying your Mojave from you. However, I do like the idea shared above by John Dilly 1974, for those who want a little more structural integrity, the exb is a serious consideration. To really satiate the desire for potentially more power and speed, use the upgraded electronics, which still could be very cost-effective in your package that you offer. I personally was set to get the Max 6 / 1650 y Hobbywing mentioned above were I to get the exb Mojave.

While there are those that service vehicles with their eyes closed because they've done it so many times, there are equally as many and more who would gratefully accept attuned machine from the very start. Keep the offers open, there are customers out here.......

I agree with the above. I don't think you made a mistake. If you would have flashed this deal in front of me a few months ago before I bought my version 2 Mojave when it first came out, I would have seriously considered buying your Mojave from you. However, I do like the idea shared above by John Dilly 1974, for those who want a little more structural integrity, the exb is a serious consideration. To really satiate the desire for potentially more power and speed, use the upgraded electronics, which still could be very cost-effective in your package that you offer. I personally was set to get the Max 6 / 1650 y Hobbywing mentioned above were I to get the exb Mojave.

While there are those that service vehicles with their eyes closed because they've done it so many times, there are equally as many and more who would gratefully accept attuned machine from the very start. Keep the offers open, there are customers out here.......
Thanks brother ?? will for sure keep an open mind going forward. ✌?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back