Vorteks Did I bend my chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCbob

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all, first post here but been lurking a bit since I picked up my Vorteks the other week.

I had taken everything apart to clean and upgrade to the RPM arms, and I noticed that the front section of the chassis bends upward slightly. I could see this being for a little extra ground clearance but I could also see it being bent.

I've never crashed hard into anything, but it for sure has taken some tumbles/cartwheels.

The rear aluminum crash bar sits level/parallel with the chassis. The front does not.

If it is bent, is there anything to fix besides a new chassis? I have a protection plan on it but didn't think I'd be using it this quick 🤣

IMG_20230911_193542360.jpg

IMG_20230911_193512021.jpg

I was hoping that was the case, but I don't have another one sitting around to compare. I didn't see any discolored plastics from stress, but I could definitely see how it could from a strong impact.

I was hoping that was the case, but I don't have another one sitting around to compare. I didn't see any discolored plastics from stress, but I could definitely see how it could from a strong impact.

They are snap happy. It will snap before it stays out of shape. Carry on Sir 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back