Big Rock Did servo change. Is it normal to NOT be able to turn wheels by hand when truck is off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragga

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hello All,

I’m new to the hobby and I just replaced my servo on the Big Rock with a 25kg servo and also the hot racing servo saver. I have heard you shouldn’t move your wheels by hand when the truck is off. Besides that though… my wheels are very hard to move when the truck is off. If I have to move the wheel to get to a screw or something it’s very hard to move. I feel something is going to snap.

When the truck is on, the wheels move fine and seem normal. But when the truck is off the wheels are very hard to move.

Did I do something wrong? Is this normal?

Thank you

It's normal. Some servos move without power, some don't.

From my personal experience with around a dozen servos that include standard brushed servos, coreless servos, and brushless servos, brushless servos seem to be able to be turned the easiest without power.

From my personal experience with around a dozen servos that include standard brushed servos, coreless servos, and brushless servos, brushless servos seem to be able to be turned the easiest without power.
That’s a lot of servos. Yea I don’t know. Seems to be fine with the power on. Thanks for the info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back