Kraton Diff orings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used green slim but the break clean will dry out rubber and paper gaskets. If you didn't let it sit long and got it back in oil it should be fine.

Ahh thanks. Yes i will be replacing for the comfort of not having to worry and pulling the diff apart again. I knew i shouldnt of sprayed it. Rc life live n kearn lol

I also recommend only wiping the diff gasket to clean with a cloth (as it is just a paper type of material), and would not use any type of cleaner. Was it non-chlorinated brake cleaner you used? If yes, this type leaves no residue or film and dries instantly + it is even used to prep before painting. Otherwards, you should be ok to reuse, as I gathered you just did a quick spray and did not soak in it.

Here's a link to some green slime, but A Main is out of stock. Besides the best stuff to help seal diff o rings, it also works really well on shock o rings also (come in handy when you need to replace a bent shock shaft).
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-associated-factory-team-green-slime-asc1105/p3068

Thanks mate. Nope i dipped it in so i surely replace it. For the price for a small few bucks i wont have to worry about it in the future or guessing if its broken.

Ahh thanks. Yes i will be replacing for the comfort of not having to worry and pulling the diff apart again. I knew i shouldnt of sprayed it. Rc life live n kearn lol

Thanks mate. Nope i dipped it in so i surely replace it. For the price for a small few bucks i wont have to worry about it in the future or guessing if its broken.

A quick spray with non chlorinated brake cleaner, you'd probably be ok, but since you dipped it in the cleaner, I would not even mess around and change the gasket for sure. I always keep an extra pack of diff gaskets and o-rings around just in case they may need replacing when servicing the diffs. Although dipping all the gears, shims, etc in brake cleaner works well, I don't like using it on the gaskets, o rings, or composite diff case, so usually I just wipe everything clean with a rag.

I agree, as it's no fun having to take out & open up you diff again, just because you tried to use a questionable gasket.

Last edited:
Mugen diff gaskets are slightly smaller, but I think you could use them if there's no other option
20180226_112658.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back