Outcast Diff sounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finchy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
Hi all I am new just joined. Been bashing for years however. But got my first arrma. Outcast 6 s.
five runs so far last run it didn’t seem the same. Not doing wheelies as easily. So took centre diff out not apart. Moves freely. front and rear move freely. But front and rear make noise on the stand no shafts hooked up spinning by hand. Is this normal. It’s brand new all stock fresh from the box!!

Hi all I am new just joined. Been bashing for years however. But got my first arrma. Outcast 6 s.
five runs so far last run it didn’t seem the same. Not doing wheelies as easily. So took centre diff out not apart. Moves freely. front and rear move freely. But front and rear make noise on the stand no shafts hooked up spinning by hand. Is this normal. It’s brand new all stock fresh from the box!!

There will always be a little sound within the diffs.. Due to the all steel internals..

If you have your doubts.. Try to make a video.. It says more then a 100 words.. Upload to YT.. And just post the link here..

That bein said.. Most guys here, due to experiences from their past trucks, open the diffs on every new out of the box truck.. Just to check those diffs have plenty diff oil in there.. Sadlyb most of the times.. There isnt..

The diffs on the newer model Arrma 6s are a little notchy feeling when you turn them. They are shimmed tighter than the older ones and seem to last longer. As for wheelies, my bet is the center diff fluid has lost its viscosity and is transferring more power to the front wheels with less eye popping wheelie action. Sometimes Arrma is a little skimpy on the fluid as well... You can change it out pretty easily and put some 200-500k diff fluid in there and rock on...

You want your center diff a little tighter and should resist turning by hand.

There will always be a little sound within the diffs.. Due to the all steel internals..

If you have your doubts.. Try to make a video.. It says more then a 100 words.. Upload to YT.. And just post the link here..

That bein said.. Most guys here, due to experiences from their past trucks, open the diffs on every new out of the box truck.. Just to check those diffs have plenty diff oil in there.. Sadlyb most of the times.. There isnt..
Ok awesome thank you for the response. I may have been panicking!! This is my first electric basher. I have several nitro cars. I did the two wheels in the air with the revo and when I push it the other tires lock up.... different style centre diff. When I did it with my Kyosho inferno 7.5 it acts the same as the outcast. However I am going to head to shop and pickup some parts just in case. !!
I will try the video thing however just so u can see and here it!

Awesome info guys. Hexes are good. I have OFNA 1000wt diff locker silicone oil from many years ago. Would that be equivalent to 1 million. Or 100k. I’m headed to pick up so new diff oils this morning. Thanks again for the help

Awesome info guys. Hexes are good. I have OFNA 1000wt diff locker silicone oil from many years ago. Would that be equivalent to 1 million. Or 100k. I’m headed to pick up so new diff oils this morning. Thanks again for the help
I don’t see a CST value on that bottle. Hard to say exactly. I would guess it’s not 1M cst tho. 80W AE oil is 1000 cst. Not sure if they use similar scales, so this could apples to oranges. But if you multiply that out, it would be around 12,500cst if they do use the same scales and the scales are linear. Again, no way for me to be certain, but if I was to make a guess, that’s what I would say.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back