Difference between Futaba 7pxr and 10px

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, I think the 2000 series are older aerial receivers that work with the surface transmitters.

Regarding protocols, Is there any reason not to be using the T-FHSS high speed protocol? Manual makes it sound like T-FHSS high speed is only compatible with certain equipment but it seems like any digital servo would be adequate.

yeah, I think the 2000 series are older aerial receivers that work with the surface transmitters.

Regarding protocols, Is there any reason not to be using the T-FHSS high speed protocol? Manual makes it sound like T-FHSS high speed is only compatible with certain equipment but it seems like any digital servo would be adequate.
So here's my take on the different protocols that Futaba offers after a fair bit of messing around with T-FHSS and T-FHSS SR+. If you're competitively racing (and I mean top tier level competitive racing) then they make some sort of sense. I think if you're fighting for 10ths or even 100ths of a second I can see how it could possibly make a difference whether you have 8ms, 4ms or 2ms of latency.

I'm sure you're aware of how they say that SR+ mode cuts your latency in half compared to normal T-FHSS. While this is true, there IS a caveat or clarification that, I feel, needs to be addressed. I understand why Futaba doesn't as I'm pretty sure they understand themselves as a product for race drivers where the driver is 10-100ft max away from his vehicle at any time and don't consider speed runners at all when it comes to their product. It just so happens that they make a good product and a number of people use them. Sorry for the long preamble, I'm just trying to be fair about my assessment and not make it sound like I'm :poop:ing on Futaba.

While the latency is shorter between the protocols, this does not account for, what I will call, distance latency that is incurred the further away your vehicle gets. So let's say that, driving right in front of you, you're operating with 8ms latency with T-FHSS and 4ms with T-FHSS SR+. As you drive away from yourself the latency increases...but, in my experience, the increase is equal for both protocols due to distance. So by the time you're 1000ft away at your speed run starting point, you've incurred something like 500ms of distance latency (to be clear, I don't know how close this is to what it actually is, but to me it feels like 0.5-0.75 seconds of delay at that distance so take this number with a pinch of salt). So now, you're operating with 508ms of latency with T-FHSS and 504ms with T-FHSS SR+. So what Futaba means is that your transmitter to receiver latency is cut in half by using the faster protocol. This, however, does nothing regarding distance latency which it can't cut in half because that's just the physics of distance.

The TL;DR:

For speed running the transmission protocol does not matter. At all. You could run an old FASST receiver and it probably wouldn't make a bit of difference (I've never tried it myself, this is just a working assumption based on my experience with T-FHSS and SR+ mode). The fast protocols make sense for highly competitive race track drivers. I don't think any normal person or weekend racer would even notice the difference.

Disclaimer: These are just my own observations and opinions based on my own real world experiences but I have no technical or empirical data to validate any of my observations.

Last edited:
Thanks! So basically no real world difference for bashing and/or speed running. I thought I read somewhere that the bandwidth was different for the protocols? Specifically, SR mode takes a lot more bandwidth which is why telemetry isn't compatible with SR? What about HS?

Thanks! So basically no real world difference for bashing and/or speed running. I thought I read somewhere that the bandwidth was different for the protocols? Specifically, SR mode takes a lot more bandwidth which is why telemetry isn't compatible with SR? What about HS?
No, no real world difference for your average or even above average driver. The bandwidth is indeed a different issue. And correct, telemetry isn't compatible with SR mode. If I'm not mistaken I believe the bandwidth issue has been addressed in the 10px and it's possible to run telemetry in SR mode (not sure about the F-4G mode though off the top of my head). Sorry, what do you mean by "HS" in this context? Probably not High School or Heat Sink :LOL:

I thought that there were several protocols
S-FHSS
T-FHSS
T-FHSS-high speed
T-FHSS- SR
SR requires 334 or 404 receivers

I'm thinking "high speed" just means digital and not analaog

I'm not familiar with T-FHSS high speed. T-FHSS SR (super response) is the only high speed T-FHSS protocol I know of. I might be wrong or just ignorant though. The only protocols I know are:

FASST
S-FHSS
T-FHSS
T-FHSS SR+ and
F-4G

Good news! 10PX arrived at LAX.
Bad news! Shipment on hold per DHL whatever that means.

Delivered! Gotta say that was a pretty fast delivery considering it came from Taiwan and I bought it on Tuesday night and it was delivered on Friday.

Is this supposed to come with a LiFe battery? Ebay ad said it came with a dry battery holder but when I opened up the battery compartment I found a FT2F 1100B so pretty happy about that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back