Futaba 4pm question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleDizzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
Been in this hobby well over 30 years and when you think you know a little something you realize that you don’t know sh*t. So for some reason my outcast is going directly to reverse instead of brake. I did have to play around with it a bit to sync to my XLX2 that I just got back from castle. I’m doing so I did something to my brakes. I’ve read the manual two times over and can’t seem to find it. I know it’s a big pain but if somebody wouldn’t mind sharing their settings from their 4pm with me that’d be hellacool Thanks guys in advance you never let me down.

http://support.castlecreations.com/mamba-xl-x-faq-2
However, none of this works unless it's calibrated.

In my build log I have screen shots of my XLX2 setup for speed running. You can see reverse type and brake amount.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/jerolds-limitless-build.49292/page-2#post-712082
1709083685474.png

1709083673244.png

Best thing to do is set everything back to default, and start over. Re-bind to your Rx, recalibrate the ESC, and go from there. Had the same issues with my 4PM and Castle MM2. Had FULL BRAKE the second I’d barely breathe on the trigger. Did the above; default settings, re-bind the radio, recalibrate the ESC, and was good to go.

Been in this hobby well over 30 years and when you think you know a little something you realize that you don’t know sh*t. So for some reason my outcast is going directly to reverse instead of brake. I did have to play around with it a bit to sync to my XLX2 that I just got back from castle. I’m doing so I did something to my brakes. I’ve read the manual two times over and can’t seem to find it. I know it’s a big pain but if somebody wouldn’t mind sharing their settings from their 4pm with me that’d be hellacool Thanks guys in advance you never let me down.

That's a problem/setting with the ESC, not the radio.

Yes. And if you calibrate your esc with specific settings/trims wrong, it will cause the esc to do exactly what his is doing. Best to start from default, rebind, and recalibrate. Start with the simplest shitt first everytime.

He definitely does not need to rebind his receiver, and like a 95% chance he doesn’t need to change anything on the radio. These are instructions people give when they don’t understand how the electronics work so they just “do everything they can think of”.

He definitely does not need to rebind his receiver, and like a 95% chance he doesn’t need to change anything on the radio. These are instructions people give when they don’t understand how the electronics work so they just “do everything they can think of”.

You’re welcome to think what you want, but you can refrain from putting words in my mouth. Your crystal ball, and chicken bones must work pretty damned well over there to read one paragraph over the internet, and know exactly how unqualified, and incompetent I must be in my 35yrs of RC experience.

Im simply ruling out any maladjusted subtrims, and settings by having him return it to default, and rebind his Rx, and THEN recalibrate his ESC. Again; both of which would cause his ESC to calibrate to f’d up parameters-making the ESC think he’s commanding reverse. If you can’t see the correlation there, then apparently YOU don’t know what you’re talking about friend. I’m fully aware of the ESC settings; 1) brakes only, no reverse 2) brakes, few seconds pause, then activate reverse 3) full brakes = reverse (and wording varies between manufacturers 🙄)

When you calibrate with subtrims not zero’d, it’s absolutely possible to cause this EXACT ISSUE. Setting the radio to default, AND re-binding will leave ZERO DOUBT that ALL settings are zero’d.

I’m here to help the guy out, and gave very clear instructions. Now I’ve had to come in and verify why I gave the instructions I did because YOU have an issue with my help. You came in and contributed what exactly? I’m not about to get into an online pissing contest with you here, so you have a good night my man. 👍

Back