difference between Infraction F/R differential and Limitless F/R differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I am trying to do a Limitless to Infraction conversion I noticed that the infraction has a different F/R diff. PN ARA311023 with a 42T GP5 main gear. Limitless PN is ARAC4015 with a 43T straight? is that a significant difference? not sure what the difference between a GP5 and straight gear is and how that would affect handling....
It appears that the current Limitless F/R diff is the same as the V1 Infraction???

I've already purchased an infraction center diff and I'm wondering if I need the F/R diff as well. If so, I might as well buy an infraction and use it for parts....

The V2 Infraction comes with GP5 front and rear diffs and these offer more speed, I’m not sure what else…

The input gears are different as well. And those diffs in a limitless housing will bind and require a little dremel action on one side. Back right corner where the screw comes in from the bottom has to get ground down so the gear clears it

The V2 Infraction comes with GP5 front and rear diffs and these offer more speed, I’m not sure what else…
really? It would seem counter intuitive because the limitless was designed for speed. The videos that I've seen between V1 and V2 infractions appear as though the V2 is better at drifting

The input gears are different as well. And those diffs in a limitless housing will bind and require a little dremel action on one side. Back right corner where the screw comes in from the bottom has to get ground down so the gear clears it
Interesting this is the first time I've heard this. Mine doesn't bind. Had both the front and rear apart and changed the diff fluid. . Got pics of what you mentioned.

Thanks but I think you’re misunderstanding what I’m asking. I realize the straight and GP5 gears are different in the infraction and limitless diffs. What I’m asking is how does that affect the handling?

In other words, if I’m trying to build an infraction is changing out the center diff enough or do I need to change out the center, front and rear?

You don't need to change your Limitless diffs as they will work fine. The reason the y went with the 2.85 diffs in the infraction is because it slows the center shaft rotational speed compared to 3.3 diffs and the rear shaft doesn't vibrate like it did on the 3.3 diffs.

well, FWIW I looked up the parts list for the V1 infraction and it uses the same F/R diff as the limitless
Therefore, if I build the limitless with a center diff it'll essentially drive like a V1 infraction

As previously mentioned, V2 F/R diffs also require GP5 input gears

So I got an answer to my question, changing out the spool to a center diff is basically making a V1 infraction

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back