Discharging lipo battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so basically i never want to touch the discharge setting unless im throwing an old battery away? Instead its better to throw the charger onto storage and it will bring it to its storage setting correct?

I have most of our rigs set to the highest LVC and our bashers cut off at 3.7 and recover to 3.8

I am realizing that really sucks for speed runs. Considering getting some higher mAh packs for that and I run already lower LVC

The only time I have to storage or discharge to storage is when all the rigs are broken and I can't just run the battery down having fun in another car.

Even when a battery is below storage I will opt to charge it to close to 3.8 and then storage mode so it balances the last little bit.

It is satisfying to have batteries last a good while and I am sure good discipline is important in this regard. I have upgraded to storing them in a steel box on a concrete floor in my garage and using a fire proof bag for transport. I'm not super picky about dead on 3.8 and it seems they are lasting much longer than my first batteries.

Two of those got bad cells, one had a balance lead short and burn and a fourth one burst into flames after a runaway and crash which demolished the truck. That was a little unnerving. It was a 4S and it burned so hot the flames from the lithium were transparent (all the plastic and stuff around it were toxic colours fun) but that was some extreme damage, the hard case was broken into pieces and the cells were taco shaped. It also burned for quite a while as one cell burned, damaged the next one which burned and so on. Pretty good reminder to treat those things with respect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back