Do you need a rear LSD to do back flips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turn2burn

Reaction score
What up fellow bashers. I'm running a kraton 6s on 4s packs now and an open diff which I love as I don't do standing back flips and control is great. I'm getting some good air but even with full throttle off the jump I get very limited backward motion. I'm running stock fluid except center which is 200. Maybe I don't have enough air. Im getting at least 15 foot long and 10 feet or more maybe in the air.

You just need to leave a little more in the tank for flips. As in don’t pin it off the jump..

Time to go 6s? Ok good to know its not the the lift. Also time to make the jump bigger, its a three way so I might take the dirt from the 3rd jump and pile it on the double sided one. I kinda like the circuit idea and don't want to dismantle it.

I can backflip a Notorious on 4s with the right gearing and the right jump but you really need 6s to do them. 6s isn't freaky with a Kraton, it's the right amount of power for the trucks size and weight. The truck really comes to life on 6s and is a lot funner to drive.

Time to go 6s? Ok good to know its not the the lift. Also time to make the jump bigger, its a three way so I might take the dirt from the 3rd jump and pile it on the double sided one. I kinda like the circuit idea and don't want to dismantle it.
+1
4s is not going to cut it for big air rotation, with this rather heavy platform. Need 6s. I think you are asking for too much with 4s.
Have you adjusted your Punch settngs at all. I also run 4s in some of my 6s rigs. Fun also. Just not for any big, BIG air.
You never stated what you set Punch at. Have any clue???
An LSD rear diff means nothing for you.
And Like stated above get your DIff oils correct.
60K Fr/500K Center/ 20k-30k Rr.
Shim Fr and Rr properly and you should be good with 6s.
Will rotate in the air all day long Forw. or Rev.

Last edited:
Thanks, yea stuff shimmed nice and tight. I have no idea what punch is but I have a curve set on my mamba monster esc. Using a radio link but no expos or anything on that. I'v definitely got my braking and throttle down to correct and land even. Its funny too as the open diff should help with turning radius but its still pretty wide. But with the air Im getting thats enough room for a back flip?

These rigs inherently do "Push" alot.
Mostly because of the Pivot Ball front end design. Ballers are like this. It can be tweaked better. My Radiolink has Expo. But not what you want. Punch is your friend for big air. Understand that better. Need to get into the ESC programming better.
With your CC ESC , Torque control is equivalent to Punch control. The same thing.
You also need 6s packs for that big air rotation.

Last edited:
When I over geared my Notorious to prove it can be backflipped on 4s the battery got pretty warm. I highly don't recommend this wrought. If 6s is not a place you want to go then I would recommend a smaller lighter truck for stunting. Tekno MT410 is the queen of 4s trucks. A 4s Outcast would be a good choice.

Its the longer wheelbase of the Kraton 6s ( +2 inches longer than the Notorious) that makes it harder to rotate. A bit heavier as well.
Noto. is more of a freestyle stunt Truck.
Maybe what you want... The K6s can be easily made into a shorter wheelbase 6s OC/Noto.
Only 4 parts are needed. With some minor Kraton body modding. Or just get the OC or Noto body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back