Does anyone actually bash the XLX2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you may be on to something but I also think weight of the rig plays a role too.
Absolutely, good point. I think my Mojave is like 19 pounds or something with batteries? Thank god it’s got a Max 6!
Edit: Why as soon as I posted this I get an xlx2 going up in smoke in a limitless v2 video right on my yt feed?!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yes, that’s creepy sh*t, right? We have conversations in the house and get corresponding junk in our feeds. And no, we don’t have any Alexis or smart home stuff. Just our Apple products. Lying dormant, sleeping with one eye open. Hearing all. Knowing all. Plotting all…

Edit: Why as soon as I posted this I get an xlx2 going up in smoke in a limitless v2 video right on my yt feed?!? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They can hear both you and the fear in your voice and they have a thing for keeping people on their toes. :LOL:

I’ve harbored a theory on this for awhile. It seems the vast majority of failures with the MMX2 are in bashing scenarios, although it has less occasionally manifested with speed-runners as well.
Speed runners (at least the educated ones) use a great deal of finesse in applying power and braking to avoid spikes and voltage sag. Bashers do the opposite, treating the radios throttle trigger as an on-off switch, coupled with heavy braking and balls-out application of controls. That must create much crazier amp/voltage spikes and a great deal more heat and load which could conceivably translate to 🔥.
Not impugning anyone, but it’s a very different application and a very different philosophy in practice.
So (and everyone feel free to jump in if you think I’m off base here) I would say save $50.00 and get an MMX8S if you’re bashing, as these seem to better shoulder the spikes without becoming incendiary. And realistically, why does anyone need an MMX2 for bashing? Granted, the BEC is better but there are other mitigating options for that.
And (goddammit, I just have to say it) why not a HobbyWing Max 4/5/6 for bashing, as they provide great power and built-in failsafes that are super freaking effective at eliminating these pesky self-immolation scenarios? Seriously, how many bashers out there have threads about their HobbyWing ESC’s going up in a fiery sh*t storm of rig wrecking conflagration? Send me a link if I missed it…
Well said. Castle leaving the (current) flood gates open is good for performance but bad for longevity.

I have an MMX8S in my Outcast 8S right now with a TP 5660. I’m considering a more powerful motor and I doubt the MMX8S can handle it, which prompted this whole post.

Still not totally sure about Max5 versus XLX2. At this point I’ll probably just flip a coin since I can’t make a damn decision 🤣

Thanks again for the help.

Well said. Castle leaving the (current) flood gates open is good for performance but bad for longevity.

I have an MMX8S in my Outcast 8S right now with a TP 5660. I’m considering a more powerful motor and I doubt the MMX8S can handle it, which prompted this whole post.

Still not totally sure about Max5 versus XLX2. At this point I’ll probably just flip a coin since I can’t make a damn decision 🤣

Thanks again for the help.
if you're considering something even stronger than I would just go xlx2. if the MMX8S will struggle it doesn't bode well for the max 5 imo. I took the max 5 out of my outcast when I put in the tp 5860 out of fear I'd fry it 🤣

I have had an XLX2 ESC in my Kraton 1/5 EXB for 13 months now with no issues. I usually bash it one or two days a week (depending on the weather). Each bash session I normally go through 2 sets of batteries. I keep my jumps between 3 to 6 feet high and 10 to 20 feet long. I do not just send it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back