Kraton Does anyone know if there will be new launches in 2023 or early 2024?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's only 1 EXB left in their catalog, unless they're dumping the platform it's got to be soon. Everyday Arrma waits they lose a Kraton sale and Traxxas gains a Sledge sale. With no real competition and the beginning of summer here, I bet Sledge sales are doing pretty good right now. It's a good time to be Traxxas.

Who cares...theres always something new around the corner and im enjoying my new kraton 4s v2.

Last edited:
I would expect some new gear in 2023. Possibly 6s refresh..most likely EXB related. 8s needs some attention as well. They got the entry level completed early this year. I'm sure that was the priority to gain market share from TRX. With Horizon at the helm investment will be spread out more between Losi, Axial, and others. I'm sure the development will be less than previous.

Would like to see a new 6s line with tons of parts support for years to come with the current stuff. New 6s models with larger diffs and bearings to stomp a mud hole in the T brand. CVD's at all four axles. Maybe eliminate the dog bones in favor of their 4s driveshaft style, but in a stronger 6s version easily capable of 8s. Would keep customers from going aftermarket with those, and there wouldn't be a need to anyway. No more offset to the middle drivetrain. Different center braces to go around it. A complete revision, yet with the same basic, flat chassis, buggy/truggy layout. That's what I'd do. I see hobbywing has a nice new 2000kv motor an ESC combo for around $125. A complete revision there, with upgraded magnets in the motor and better capacitors. Doesn't overheat easily. Arrma could consider a Spektrum version of that. If Horizon keeps an eye of this forum. 😄

I may sound quite different on this, but I can't help but think of a 2 speed transmission with center diff inside it for the heavier 6s models like the K6 and Mojo. More gear leverage to get up to speed so the motor wouldn't have to work as hard with the weight, then 2nd gear to really get going. Imagine the range of ratios with a spur and pinion change. 2 speed would be a better way to use a 2nd servo instead of a handbrake like the Fireteam's. Something like that would SELL. Radical, but it would light the bashing world of RC on fire.

Season 3 Message GIF by The Simpsons

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back