Does anyone own a Losi Baja Rey?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
*Rayise's hand*

Pretty dang durable, tires ballon a lot making it hard to handle at times, and the body being screwed-on kind of sucks along with the stock servo.

Handles very different in a good way from the 1/10 scale SCTs such as Senton and /, also is quite large, more like a 1/9th scale making it fairly stable.

Plenty of fun, even in a parking lot, fun to watch it float over small bumps and stuff.

Does anyone have one of these things?

I’m curious about the fun factor and if the solid rear axle really drives differently. Also wondering about durability.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-b...esert-truck-king-shocks-los03020v2t1/p1307014
Absolutely drives different, just like the larger 2.0 and the UDR . These scale driving trucks are better suited for the driving experience , not “sending it “ !!!
They are very fun IMO power drifting , watching the suspension soak up the dips and bumps !!!
I don’t know how durable this one is but the SBR 2.0 is an absolute tank !!! Besides it’s front bumper !!! LOL

The UDR is a locked rear , the SBR has a diff in that solid rear axle , I put 500k in it to get it tighter so it will drift the rear better and reduce flipping over.

Are you thinking about getting it ? It was a truck that I myself went back and forth about buying , but then decided not to . From the videos I watched it looks great in smaller dirt environments but bouncy on rough terrain , small compared to the UDR and obviously very small compared tp the SBR . It's kinda like a backyard truck / smaller area . IMO out of the 3 the UDR nails all expectations for me , big enough for the big fields , but small enough to carry around when the battery dies ( holy crap is the SBR heavy !!! ) . The SBR loves the big fields !!!
What kind of areas do you have to run in ??

The Baja Rey is more of a scale driver, not a basher. I've had one for several years: it has quite a few upgrades, including Pro-Line shocks, aluminum suspension upgrades, and new metal body panels. It will shortly have a Vitavon aluminum center transmission housing and Exotek aluminum center diff case installed.

Baja Rey side view.jpg

Is the cage as much of a pain as on the SBR? Was always curious about the SBR but even with the Black Friday pricing I held off for wrenching reasons. Have always been intrigued by the little guy for my backyard tho…

Ok , FWIW , the UDR was $799 , Traxxas lowered the price to $699 , do you have any interest in that truck ?
There’s a used Baja Rey 1/10 for sale near me that I’m considering. I don’t think I’d buy something new right now.
The Baja Rey is more of a scale driver, not a basher. I've had one for several years: it has quite a few upgrades, including Pro-Line shocks, aluminum suspension upgrades, and new metal body panels. It will shortly have a Vitavon aluminum center transmission housing and Exotek aluminum center diff case installed.

View attachment 263596
Cool truck! What do you mean by “not a basher”? Does it break easily? Do you run the stock power system?

Is the cage as much of a pain as on the SBR? Was always curious about the SBR but even with the Black Friday pricing I held off for wrenching reasons. Have always been intrigued by the little guy for my backyard tho…
I don’t find removing the body that bad as much say / think it is . AFA wrenching, not that bad either as the truck is an absolute tank , nothing to wrench on ! LOL
The thing that will break most is the front bumper.
But to clean the truck good , yes , remove the body ! This is why I don’t like to get my stuff muddy !
The BF sale of $769 , if wanted one , that was a heck of a deal , a lot of truck for that price!

61ABD740-5ABD-433F-BB91-AE94CB04EAE4.jpeg

Aside from the fact that the rear suspension is totally different driving experience, how is it versus a Mojave?

IMO , front suspension totally different to , more travel on the scale trucks . Mojave is basically a buggy with a short course/ desert truck looking body . Mojave , pop off the body in 2 seconds and there is everything !!! Mojave is definitely more durable and better basher . Although , the body on the Mojave will parachute easier .

Not normal, was running around a big dirt area and you couldn’t see where the puddles were til it was to late.
Same reason I won’t run it right now on the grass field, looks dry , but I know the ground is soft from all the rain and snow we just got . That would make another mess !!! LOL
FWIW , the UDR has better chassis protection from getting crap inside , and body comes off faster , less screws .

Last edited:
There’s a used Baja Rey 1/10 for sale near me that I’m considering. I don’t think I’d buy something new right now.

Cool truck! What do you mean by “not a basher”? Does it break easily? Do you run the stock power system?
When I said it's not meant for bashing, I meant it's not for skatepark bashing, huge jumps, or back flips. The Baja Rey is designed as an offroad vehicle, and it is most at home on dirt.

I'm still running the stock Spektrum electronics, except for the servo. I put a faster and stronger Spektrum servo in my Rey for ease of replacement, but any brand would work with a new servo horn.

Here are the mods I've made to mine:

Losi aluminum upper and lower bulkhead link mounts
Crazy Racer aluminum trailing arms
Losi aluminum rear top links
Vitavon CNC aluminum rear axle housing
Pro-Line Powerstroke XT rear shocks
Losi aluminum servo mount
Spektrum S6240 servo
Losi aluminum servo arm, 23T
Exotek aluminum steering bell cranks with bearings
SSD aluminum front bulkhead, gunmetal
Losi aluminum front shock tower
Pro-Line Powerstroke front shocks
Losi aluminum front spindle set
Losi aluminum turnbuckles (tie rods)
IERC aluminum body panels, black
Losi Tenacity TT Pro satin chrome Method wheels with Falken Wildpeak tires
RPM front bumper

When I said it's not meant for bashing, I meant it's not for skatepark bashing, huge jumps, or back flips. The Baja Rey is designed as an offroad vehicle, and it is most at home on dirt.

I'm still running the stock Spektrum electronics, except for the servo. I put a faster and stronger Spektrum servo in my Rey for ease of replacement, but any brand would work with a new servo horn.

Here are the mods I've made to mine:

Losi aluminum upper and lower bulkhead link mounts
Crazy Racer aluminum trailing arms
Losi aluminum rear top links
Vitavon CNC aluminum rear axle housing
Pro-Line Powerstroke XT rear shocks
Losi aluminum servo mount
Spektrum S6240 servo
Losi aluminum servo arm, 23T
Exotek aluminum steering bell cranks with bearings
SSD aluminum front bulkhead, gunmetal
Losi aluminum front shock tower
Pro-Line Powerstroke front shocks
Losi aluminum front spindle set
Losi aluminum turnbuckles (tie rods)
IERC aluminum body panels, black
Losi Tenacity TT Pro satin chrome Method wheels with Falken Wildpeak tires
RPM front bumper
Nice! Evident why you call it a tank. Bomb proof!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back