Granite Done! The all road Granite is complete!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
New body in the paint shop, hexes converted to 17mm and some fat Felony rear Hoons. It already has a BLX 120 esc, so 4s is definitely a possibility
20210520_200401-01.jpeg
20210518_194350.jpg

I have a granite and start to fo some modifications pics come soon love that truck do fun!!

Looks good. I've Just bought a granite on eBay, thinking of doing roughly the same. Probably changing to a lwb chassis though.

Nice! That's gonna be a pain to handle since it's SWB, right?
I'm sure it will be hard to handle, but the plan is just to mess around in the street and parking lots once it's done. No speed run goals for this one. More of a show truck.
Looks good. I've Just bought a granite on eBay, thinking of doing roughly the same. Probably changing to a lwb chassis though.
I already have a Typhon BLX with a 6s conversion. Tons of fun and running up to around 80 mph
20210307_172035-01.jpeg

Subscribed! Can't wait to see this build - would eventually like to do something similar on a 3s LWB chassis, with the shorter Vorteks towers and shocks. Mini Infraction, kinda. Definitely going to be inspired by what happens here.

Did the wide arm mod today so now the truck sits nice and low. Threw in an old 2850kv Gool Rc motor and 20t pinion. Same motor on 15t got up to around 40 mph.
20210522_155856-01.jpeg
20210522_155418-01.jpeg

Looks awesome,my granite i will upload pics soon,gonna convert tomorrow to 17 mm whit typhon parts,but don't know what good looking tires🤔🤔

How do you like those ProLine body mounts? Been eyeing them but all the PL stuff is pricey.
I wouldn't use them on my 6s bashers, but on the the 3s, they're stronger than the stock mount. I just shaved off the top of the mount and drilled holes in the center. The stocks would get worn down or broken too easily
That looks awesome, what arms and shocks are you running?
Thanks. Arms and turnbuckles are Typhon 3s, shocks are Typhon 6s.

@Notorious J ... this is not a thread highjack, just my experience and some infos for you..👍🏼

So this was my Granite you may remember from a couple of years back, only ever ran 3s and the mods were - motor, BLX esc, Typhon shocks with 10mm limiters on the shafts, 27T pinion, HR adjustable motor mount, slamed body mod 😉, old typhoon wheels ( didn't know about GRP's and Hoons weren't even invented yet 🤣 ) that setup got me to 60.8mph including two crashes and two destroyed batteries, I then gave up..🤣

IMG_2790 copy.JPG
IMG_2792.JPG
IMG_2799 copy.JPG
IMG_2808 copy.JPG
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_3103.JPG

@Notorious J ... this is not a thread highjack, just my experience and some infos for you..👍🏼

So this was my Granite you may remember from a couple of years back, only ever ran 3s and the mods were - motor, BLX esc, Typhon shocks with 10mm limiters on the shafts, 27T pinion, HR adjustable motor mount, slamed body mod 😉, old typhoon wheels ( didn't know about GRP's and Hoons weren't even invented yet 🤣 ) that setup got me to 60.8mph including two crashes and two destroyed batteries, I then gave up..🤣

View attachment 147616View attachment 147611View attachment 147612View attachment 147613View attachment 147614View attachment 147615
It's a beauty. I only had up to a 20t pinion sitting in my parts box. My 27 is in my Typhon 3s/6s. I have a new adjustable motor mount on the way from Jennys. Once it arrives I'll drop in a 27 and new bearings. Should be good for 70 I'm sure. With my new painted body on the way, it'll probably be a show truck anyways. 50 mph is plenty fast for this little tiny beast.

View attachment 147613View attachment 147614
That shock tower through the body is sweeet!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back