Kraton Dreaded Servo question!! ARA8608V5T2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotamanx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
super new to the RC scene and have a ARA8608V5T2 Kraton that im in the middle of tinkering with, ive youtubed and researched basic upgrades like RPM arms, new bumper, etc my next project is the servo setup ive scoured this forum and read previous threads etc and have narrowed it down to a 35kg amazon servo, now the different brands mentioned all look the same, are the servos identical just differnet brands? ie if I get any of the blue 35kg 180 degree im good? are some cheap fake knock offs?
I also watched a video about a protek rc 1ktbl and wanted to know for a recreational user is there an advantage of paying 5 times the cost of the below 35kg?

1681776776627.png

The Amazon 35kg servos are all the same some may have slightly different specs but they are all made in the same factory. That being said the Amazon servos are cheap for a reason. Don't cheap out on your servo for these big rigs, do you really want to trust something that could potentially seriously injure you if it hits you to a cheap low quality servo? Look at servos from AGF, Pro Modeler, Blue Bird hell even Savox would be better. The Protek you listed is a crawler servo you do not want that in a basher especially running on the stock 6v BEC.

Check out agfrc

Servos. You get what you pay for.

C$ 119.67 15% Off | AGFRC A86BHMW A81BHM Large Torque 55KG 0.110Sec 39KG 0.10Sec Magnetic Waterproof HV Programmable Brushless Digital STD Servo Car
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mK4eQcu

This one by will rock for $119.
Says $79.99 on my end. But this was the servo I was going to link to as well.

Thanks for that does the AGFRC A86BHMW fit in the kraton it looks taller and from what I read the main difference is its IP67? does that mean the other one isnt waterproof at all?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back