Limitless Drive shaft help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronass

Reaction score
I’m curious which u guys use and think is better. The scorched parts trident titanium shaft and spool or the perfect pass carbon/titanium shafts. I’m looking to order so I can finish just not sure which ones. Thanks all

Lol. Yea I got his carbon kit and servo. Guess his driveshafts now. Lol.

For speed runners it’s tough to beat the Scorched Trident. Stay away from any shaft with titanium drive pins on the front. Raz uses a hardened steel pin for the front where it goes into the diff cup, but even that doesn’t overcome the extreme misalignment issue caused by the front kick up. That’s why he puts a 180mph disclaimer in his video. The Trident effectively solves the issue, and it’s definitely the best mousetrap so far.

Yea I waited before I ordered it. Wanted to get a few more opinions. Thanks man. I thought the trident was good cause that’s what the 222mph was using I believe when he got the record. David I think. Plus I think with the pp shafts u lose the chassis braces cause of the thickness no?
This setup is what I was thinking

Attachments

• IMG_6218.png
    IMG_6218.png
    638.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Yea I waited before I ordered it. Wanted to get a few more opinions. Thanks man. I thought the trident was good cause that’s what the 222mph was using I believe when he got the record. David I think. Plus I think with the pp shafts u lose the chassis braces cause of the thickness no?
If you crash while speedrunning, even with the braces, you will destroy the car.

Just make sure you order the correct one, the lengths for the V1 and V2 Lim are different.

Trident is the best of the best but also not necessary unless you are ready to go over 180 mph.
The tiny bearings become another part that needs maintenance/keep an eye on them.
Maybe not totally necessary, but I’m putting them on all of my speed builds now. I’ll never see 180, but I like that it eliminates replacing the drive cups and axle shafts fairly routinely.

Maybe not totally necessary, but I’m putting them on all of my speed builds now. I’ll never see 180, but I like that it eliminates replacing the drive cups and axle shafts fairly routinely.
I don't run my cars daily or even weekly. But I have been on the same perfect pass carbon shafts on my VTE2 for well over a year with little to no wear visible.
I have been completely content with the PP shafts. (granted I don't have the front angle issue that Arrma cars have)

If I had it to do all over again I would have started with the VTE2 platform for speed cars. No front kick up, centrally aligned motor and shafts, better overall geometry, etc. I’m just too heavily invested in Arrma now and enjoy the ability to swap in spares across most of the 6s line.
I don't run my cars daily or even weekly. But I have been on the same perfect pass carbon shafts on my VTE2 for well over a year with little to no wear visible.
I have been completely content with the PP shafts. (granted I don't have the front angle issue that Arrma cars have)
Yeah, but VTE2’s don’t eat front drive cups and shafts to begin with like the Arrmas do because everything is aligned with no kick up. I’d go PP all day long too if I was running a Hobao.
Um, never mind @LibertyMKiii I see you acknowledged the same…. 😊

If I had it to do all over again I would have started with the VTE2 platform for speed cars. No front kick up, centrally aligned motor and shafts, better overall geometry, etc. I’m just too heavily invested in Arrma now and enjoy the ability to swap in spares across most of the 6s line.

Yeah, but VTE2’s don’t eat front drive cups and shafts to begin with like the Arrmas do because everything is aligned with no kick up. I’d go PP all day long too if I was running a Hobao.
Um, never mind @LibertyMKiii I see you acknowledged the same…. 😊
Yeah man, little known fact is that I don't run any Arrma cars right now.
The VTE2 is just better...

Looks like for 1/10 scale the EPX from hobao is killer too. Not sure if you have seen what Tony is doing (160 mph on 3s)

For speed runners it’s tough to beat the Scorched Trident. Stay away from any shaft with titanium drive pins on the front. Raz uses a hardened steel pin for the front where it goes into the diff cup, but even that doesn’t overcome the extreme misalignment issue caused by the front kick up. That’s why he puts a 180mph disclaimer in his video. The Trident effectively solves the issue, and it’s definitely the best mousetrap so far.
+1
100 true. Even Raz Admitted that the Scorched shafts are fine for many. PP is just an option for some as well. They work together sharing ideas at times. Comparing their offerings. They try not to overlap, applications. And offer unique setups all their own.

Lol. I guess I should’ve did my homework b4 getting the limitless. Mayb I’ll make her a shelf queen and get the hobao

Lol. I guess I should’ve did my homework b4 getting the limitless. Mayb I’ll make her a shelf queen and get the hobao
You are overthinking all of this. :rolleyes:
Yes, I think you didn't do your homework well enough. Buyers remorse and all.

>>>Because you are not convinced that the Lim platform is actually the best mainstream speed platform. The most mature and well supported speed run platform right now.
Seems you are getting confused with all the upgrade potential out there.
Keep it simple, and run it stock for now. It will serve you well.
Don't jump in feet first, because the next guy did.
Embrace what it is out the box, first. Learn it well in stock trim for the most part. It is an expert level platform.

Lol. Stock. What is stock when it comes with no electronics. And it’s clearly stated above the hobao is for more superior. 🤔

I'll let you figure it out for yourself.;) The best way.
You missed my point completely. That's fine.
You have experience with neither the Lim or Habao. And I'm not hating the Habao...... You see the differences between these? The Pros and Cons? There are only a handful of guys into the 200+ mph. Don't focus on being in that club right now. Not realistic.
I have a Lim and Infr. For some years now.
Yeah the Lim is a roller, always was, what is your point???
You lost me.:giggle:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back