Infraction Probably screwed up, got Limitless v2 spool for infraction, driveshaft length help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cancelthefuture

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vendetta
I thought the limitless v2 spool would be a drop in for the infraction, and even checked the part numbers at the hobby shop. Apparently I was looking at the exploded views on the v1 limitless or something because upon trying to install the spool, it's pretty obvious this just isn't going to work. I tried looking up the limitless v2 driveshafts and noticed it was the same part number as the Notorious driveshaft, but that doesn't fit correctly either. So now I'm sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Has anyone successfully put the Limitless V2 spool into the Infraction? I thought with same wheelbase this wouldn't be such a hard task to pull off but somehow the limitless chassis design must have the motor mount more centered than infraction or something.
The Notorious dogbones definitely don't stretch the whole way, and I'm not sure if there are any other parts anyone has in mind? Is this just a lost cause?

The V2 use 116mm front and rear.. your infraction is 102mm, and 168mm.. so yes the V2 is smack dab in the middle!!
But 116mm front and rear won't work on the infraction :-/ I just noticed another thing, this spool will require trimming of the chassis brace to even fit assuming I can get the driveshaft lengths correct, I might just be SoL.

Maybe there is some combination of shafts that will work?

Put it in there and measure carefully what it would need front and rear. Might be able to find one from another brand possibly. Scortched sells single shafts as well in all the different arrma sizes

Drill for different motor mount location and use the 116’s?

Did you eventually get it to work? Curious because I'm also looking to put a limitless spool in my infraction, but I'm figuring the v1 is the direct drop in.

Did you eventually get it to work? Curious because I'm also looking to put a limitless spool in my infraction, but I'm figuring the v1 is the direct drop in.
Nah I gave up, I didn't wanna go down a rabbit hole of driveshaft lengths. The V1 is definitely the direct drop in, and it's very difficult to find. I found there are other spool options, but I went speedrunning anyway and nearly totalled the car so I'm gonna stick to bashing for a while until I find a longer runway I won't hit a curb on
😅😅😅

Nah I gave up, I didn't wanna go down a rabbit hole of driveshaft lengths. The V1 is definitely the direct drop in, and it's very difficult to find. I found there are other spool options, but I went speedrunning anyway and nearly totalled the car so I'm gonna stick to bashing for a while until I find a longer runway I won't hit a curb on
😅😅😅
Hahaha, yea I know what you mean, I've had a few scares speedrunning, the roads aren't so wonderful where I am. I have seen other options out there, if I can't find a V1 then I may have to explore those.
Awesome, thanks man! Appreciate the help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back