Limitless Drive shaft help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best to experiment for yourself, is what I am saying.
V2 Lim is a great platform.
It set the speed run standard early on.

Lol. U said it was a better platform. I dunno about u guys
When I listed some of the advantages of the Hobao I certainly didn’t want to suggest that the Lim isn’t awesome. Especially the V2. And like @SrC said, the Lim/Infraction holds almost all of the recent world records, is an outstanding platform, and enjoys the most aftermarket support. But another great point that was made above is that your choice really doesn’t matter much at the level that the vast majority of us will be running them at. You can build a beast of a car with no experience at all and still have a very long journey to achieve triple digit speeds. Like the old joke goes, “hey Mister, how do I get to Carnegie Hall?” Practice, practice, practice.
I’d agree it would be kind of silly to jump platforms when you don’t even have your Lim built yet.

I don't run my cars daily or even weekly. But I have been on the same perfect pass carbon shafts on my VTE2 for well over a year with little to no wear visible.
I have been completely content with the PP shafts. (granted I don't have the front angle issue that Arrma cars have)
Front input cup angle is only an issue for some and not all others. So many other variables come into play as well.
When I listed some of the advantages of the Hobao I certainly didn’t want to suggest that the Lim isn’t awesome. Especially the V2. And like @SrC said, the Lim/Infraction holds almost all of the recent world records, is an outstanding platform, and enjoys the most aftermarket support. But another great point that was made above is that your choice really doesn’t matter much at the level that the vast majority of us will be running them at. You can build a beast of a car with no experience at all and still have a very long journey to achieve triple digit speeds. Like the old joke goes, “hey Mister, how do I get to Carnegie Hall?” Practice, practice, practice.
I’d agree it would be kind of silly to jump platforms when you don’t even have your Lim built yet.
+1
Just my simple point.

Well @aaronass whatever you choose to do, there is a ton of knowledge here for both the Lim and the Hobao, and a few guys here are flirting with world record speeds in their own right. Keep us posted on your progress, and for sure do a build thread!

Looks like for 1/10 scale the EPX from hobao is killer too. Not sure if you have seen what Tony is doing (160 mph on 3s)
I’m going to check out the EPX. 1/10 TC is the latest rabbit hole I’ve jumped into. Although I ain‘t no Tony. I’m not even close to 160 on a 1/7 yet, yet alone a 1/10.
I keep finding that this hobby has more rabbit holes than the 1000 acre woods. And most of them seem to be filled with quicksand, effectively blocking my escape even when common sense prevails, which doesn’t seem to be often.

I’m going to check out the EPX. 1/10 TC is the latest rabbit hole I’ve jumped into. Although I ain‘t no Tony. I’m not even close to 160 on a 1/7 yet, yet alone a 1/10.
I keep finding that this hobby has more rabbit holes than the 1000 acre woods. And most of them seem to be filled with quicksand, effectively blocking my escape even when common sense prevails, which doesn’t seem to be often.

You should get an RC boat too! :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back