Dust cover and shock covers?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
So iv seen a couple videos with people that have these on their vehicles and looks pretty cool. Has anyone used anything like these two items on the kraton 8s. If so what did you use And do you have any pictures of it?

Attachments

• E9160833-2268-4CBB-B0CF-7FF1EE2C3165.png
    E9160833-2268-4CBB-B0CF-7FF1EE2C3165.png
    732 KB · Views: 161
  • 10403191-CDAB-46A5-B1B7-3EFD5D15F895.png
    10403191-CDAB-46A5-B1B7-3EFD5D15F895.png
    340.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 5B73AF72-8207-41AB-96F5-AF86348854AD.png
    5B73AF72-8207-41AB-96F5-AF86348854AD.png
    699.4 KB · Views: 91
So iv seen a couple videos with people that have these on their vehicles and looks pretty cool. Has anyone used anything like these two items on the kraton 8s. If so what did you use And do you have any pictures of it?
I run shock covers from Bad Horsie on my Summit.
n6ZqEfs.jpg

I'm not sure the mesh covers are available yet for the kraton 8s? Could always go the panty hose route for now...

Shock covers we used to use spandex pants and cut/ sew our own.. I like shock covers, they keep the gritty crap off the shock shafts and o-rings...

Dang, well we know if you have a wife you will be getting some weird looks asking for her spandex pants and panty hose... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well, assuming it's cut in the proper orientation to the weave which it looks to be in the picture, and anchored down tight it will certainly add stiffness to the chassis. I believe the intended idea for that piece is to add probably about 25-30% more stiffness temporarily if you're wanting an m2c chassis but don't want to wait for stiffness until it's released. I believe that kit also includes the carbon fiber top brace tube and those two together will be a decent stiffness increase.

Edit: carbon fiber is significantly stiffer against bending than alloys but it needs to be fabricated right. It's just that when it is exceeded it snaps instead of bending so as long as the weave cut and resin is good it will at the minimum help to tide you over.

Last edited:
I use the hot racing dust cover on my k6... you can expect a big jump in temps when it is on... as long as you are mindful of that. It does a great job keeping everything clean.. a must have for snow bashing.

Well, assuming it's cut in the proper orientation to the weave which it looks to be in the picture, and anchored down tight it will certainly add stiffness to the chassis. I believe the intended idea for that piece is to add probably about 25-30% more stiffness temporarily if you're wanting an m2c chassis but don't want to wait for stiffness until it's released. I believe that kit also includes the carbon fiber top brace tube and those two together will be a decent stiffness increase.

Edit: carbon fiber is significantly stiffer against bending than alloys but it needs to be fabricated right. It's just that when it is exceeded it snaps instead of bending so as long as the weave cut and resin is good it will at the minimum help to tide you over.
I'm not worried about it bending, I'm more worried about how it will survive coming into contact with the ground. It runs right down the center of the chassis. I think it would be safe to assume that it will spend some time contacting the ground, but if it is just meant for temporary then I think it would last long enough.

can I see a picture with the body installed please? wondering if that is the 6S Kraton?
Here it is without the cover you can see it is K8s
Nice! Does this cause any heating issues? And are you having any personal issues with using it? Would you recommend this?
Yes I can recommend it, I used it on my X-Maxx with Max5 Leopard 1090kv motor combo it was working great. I had Hot Racing shroud for X-Maxx aswell and I took a pic of the two side by side and you can see HR one is more dense wovven and Dusty Shroud more breathable.

Attachments

• IMG_3379.JPG
    IMG_3379.JPG
    477 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8681.JPG
    IMG_8681.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 92
To be fair I cant think how these would be installed or how this would look like is this 2 pieces per side??

I don’t think this is what I look for after reading this
///
PRODUCT INFORMATION
OVERVIEW:
These Stone Guards are molded from high-quality composite material. These guards mount to the front of your vehicle, above the side guards and protect the center of the vehicle from whatever the terrain has to throw at it - be it dust, dirt, stones or mud.

FEATURES:
Specifically designed to be fitted to the front of the vehicle, above the side guards - Increased protection from dirt ingress - Molded from a resilient composite material - Required fittings included
///
I’d think you need something that blocks debris at the rear not front so in the area behind the side guards which is currently quite exposed hence my shocks and arms did collect that much stuff which doesn't seem to happen at the front - have a look at the body/side guards and you can see from where this seems to come from in my picture

Last edited:
To be fair I cant think how these would be installed or how this would look like is this 2 pieces per side??

I don’t think this is what I look for after reading this
///
PRODUCT INFORMATION
OVERVIEW:
These Stone Guards are molded from high-quality composite material. These guards mount to the front of your vehicle, above the side guards and protect the center of the vehicle from whatever the terrain has to throw at it - be it dust, dirt, stones or mud.

FEATURES:
Specifically designed to be fitted to the front of the vehicle, above the side guards - Increased protection from dirt ingress - Molded from a resilient composite material - Required fittings included
///
I’d think you need something that blocks debris at the rear not front so in the area behind the side guards which is currently quite exposed hence my shocks and arms did collect that much stuff which doesn't seem to happen at the front - have a look at the body/side guards and you can see from where this seems to come from in my picture
I think the theory is that those will block the stuff that gets kicked up by the front tires, that stuff all over the rear of your car got kicked up by the front tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back