Big Rock Dx3 transmitter and Sr315 receiver is not properly working with the dashboard app only displaying rx voltage. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrizzle69

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Nero
I recently upgraded the transmitter and receiver to the DX3 Smart transmitter and the SR315 sport receiver. I did this so I could use the spektrum dashboard app so I also bought the Bluetooth chip the goes in the top of the DX3 transmitter. After linking the Bluetooth chip to the app the only thing that is working incthe display is the RX voltage. The speed,rpm,and the temperature along with maybe 1 or 2 other readings are not working in the dashboard app. I've watched a couple U-tube videos on setting it all up but there's a step I feel like I'm missing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but if anyone can help me with any advice on what I can try to do to make all the features or options work on the dashboard app. On the videos I've watched after linking the Bluetooth chip to the dashboard app all the options on the display were working like rpm and speed. So can I get a little help with this please. Thanks

Go to the dashboard app settings then telemetry settings and enable everything you want to have displayed pack volt/RX volt/Speed/RPM/Temp.

IMG_0951.png

Go to the dashboard app settings then telemetry settings and enable everything you want to have displayed pack volt/RX volt/Speed/RPM/Temp.

View attachment 331902
So what your telling me is that the enabled box has to be turned on with a check symbol where it says enabled to get the rpm and speed functions to

View attachment 331902
All the features under the telemetry setup settings has the displayed box checked off which means that feature is turned on. The RX voltage is the only thing that is working. I recently bought all the smart components to be able to use the dashboard app. I have the DX3 transmitter, the SR315 receiver, the blue tooth chip that goes in the top of the DX3 transmitter and a Firrma 120A 4s smart ESC. The only peice I do not have is a spektrum smart battery. 🤔 I don't know why nothing else is working.

So if you got all your display check it should show up in the dashboard. If your still not getting telemetry you said you bought a spektrum 120amp esc, then the esc might need to be updated to the new firmware sometimes when you get them in a box it could be old inventory/outdated firmware.

So if you got all your display check it should show up in the dashboard. If your still not getting telemetry you said you bought a spektrum 120amp esc, then the esc might need to be updated to the new firmware sometimes when you get them in a box it could be old inventory/outdated firmware.
Ok. I guess I'll try updating the esc now and hopefully that will fix my problem. Thanks for the advice bud.

No problem hope it works out. 👍🏾

No problem hope it works out. 👍🏾
My only problem is I don't have a computer to update the firmware in the ESC. I tried to update it when I bought it with a chrome book tablet and it wouldn't work with a tablet. So now what do I do?

My only problem is I don't have a computer to update the firmware in the ESC. I tried to update it when I bought it with a chrome book tablet and it wouldn't work with a tablet. So now what do I do?
🤔 if you bought from your LHS maybe they can assist updating it for you. Yeah you definitely need a pc not a Mac.

Need the Spektrum ESC Programmer and a Windows PC to do the F/W ESC update, if there is any newer revision even available for that ESC. You may know this already.
That DX3 BT Module and the DX3 has been known to be finicky at best. And not all that accurate with Telem. data. Others have stated such..... The Smart Eco thing will test your patience. Hang in there. Good luck.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back