EC5 banana size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyrickCZE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
Hi guys,

having hard time finding what size of the bananas are supposed to go into the EC5, because the ones I got from AliE are not.
And yes I really tried banging them in hard....

I have two plastics bags with two different bananas but none of them fit in.

Anyone have more info, please?

Thank you!

You’re not trying to use banana plugs to power your ESC are you? Don’t do that. Banana plugs are for charging only. And nobody I know has ever used bullets on an EC5. Sounds like you need to instal an EC5 plug on your ESC, unless I’m missing something…

You’re not trying to use banana plugs to power your ESC are you? Don’t do that. Banana plugs are for charging only. And nobody I know has ever used bullets on an EC5. Sounds like you need to instal an EC5 plug on your ESC, unless I’m missing something…
I think I am missing something too.

I am just trying to force part B into part A once I solder it, but I need to order right size of the part B (thats what I call bananas) because the none of the ones I got do not it fit and I have many pieces of part A. Clear now?
EC5.png

Not sure what you’re trying to do, or why. Just get male and female EC5 connectors. They plug into one another. No need for bullets or bananas. Save those for later…

Sir, you confuse me. Are you saying the part B does not belong into part A or what?
Is EC5 supposed to be pre-assembled only?

Wait, looks like you have a pair of male and female “solder yourself” connectors? They go in the back end, not the front. Pull the cap off the back of the connector.
Then solder the connectors, push them in, and replace the cap that was pushed back onto the wires before you started soldering. There are some good YouTube videos for soldering EC5s.

Wait, looks like you have a pair of male and female “solder yourself” connectors? They go in the back end, not the front. Pull the cap off the back of the connector.
Yeah, it is separate. But was also ordered separate. So the size of the part B is not correct for the part A. And hence my original question - what size of the bananas I need (to order), because I have like 20 pairs of part A with missing bananas.

Sorry, I didn’t realize what you were trying to do at first, I was confused by your question.

Almost certain that your parts will fit, but they will only go in one way. Give me a minute to find a good picture.

Watch above, they will work and they do fit.

Almost certain that your parts will fit, but they will only go in one way. Give me a minute to find a good picture.
It is not the photo of my actual parts, its just for demonstration. No, the ones I got do not, it is too big.
It is not the photo of my actual parts, its just for demonstration. No, the ones I got do not, it is too big.

Do you have a picture?
These connectors can only be inserted one way and, with help of pliers, watch the video or a special tool and a hammer.

I watched the video, the relevant part at 5:30

And I have to repeat what I said in the first post - the ones I already have are too big. They can not be pushed in as shown in the video. I don't have how else to say so you understand my question : /

Can you possibly measure some that you have laying around or link me the website with the info, that I was not able to find myself?

I just want to order correct size ones, thats all there is.

I watched the video, the relevant part at 5:30

And I have to repeat what I said in the first post - the ones I already have are too big. They can not be pushed in as shown in the video. I don't have how else to say so you understand my question : /

Can you possibly measure some that you have laying around or link me the website with the info, that I was not able to find myself?

I just want to order correct size ones, thats all there is.
I tried to measure them on an RTR I have with a caliper but I can’t do it as they’re already soldered on and in the housing. I’m sorry, I have no idea what size they are. Do you have a local Hobby Store who may carry them? If not, I’d just order another complete pair from a different vendor and you’ll get what is shown in your picture.

Exactly, I was not able to measure them too, so I tried searching online for more info., But no success. And so I went here : )

So in case any of you guys have an idea of the size or have possibility to measure the correct size, It would be most helpful.
There is no LHS near me, I just want to get these from the AliE.

Thank you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back