Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

ECX Vs. Arrma

Discussion in 'Granite' started by flm_savage, May 17, 2015.

1. slothkigg

slothkigg Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    How's it holding up for ya btw?

2. andrewGuam

andrewGuam Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Talion
    I'm looking at both trucks for my 8yr old, and can't decide.

3. slothkigg

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    My arrma granite is still going strong after A LOT of abuse lol front shock towers are a good part to have on hand if you doing crazy stunts often. (Luckily there cheap) I take this truck out 3-4 times a week a bash it hard and it always comes back for more.

Stanleybb50 likes this.
  4. Unusual RC

Unusual RC Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Mojave
    Which models?

5. slothkigg

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Sorry need to make a correction here it was late for me last night! I meant to say front body posts NOT shock towers.

6. andrewGuam

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Talion
    The Arrma Granite and the Ruckus are the models I'm looking towards for my son. I have a kraton and love it and so does he, but want something a little smaller with big tires for him. I even seen a vandal xl with big tires that looks appealing too. I just want the toughest most durable vehicle for my boy to enjoy in any weather.

7. slothkigg

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Arrma Granite blx is fast and tough for sure, the only major downfall I could see is the granite is 2wd vs the 4wd option on the ruckus. The Arrma Ruckus and granite both have things that will break but so does every truck. I would say if not having 4wd doesn't concern You then grab a granite BLX. It's a super tough truck hens the basher of the year award X2 :) if money's not an option and you don't mind tinkering then the I'd say the proline pro mt is your best option. It's a kit but it's a bulletproof chassis and you pick your own electronics. If there was a 4wd kit of that truck I'd own it first hands down.

8. Unusual RC

Unusual RC Moderator

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Mojave
    It is a hard choice...both vehicles have their strengths and weaknesses.
    And from the point of parts supply and third party hop-ups they would be on the same level I guess.

A BLX would be a good decision because of all the optional parts included. But the MEGA I would have my reservations.

Do you want a complete RTR, or are you willing to upgrade son parts like the esc/motor?

9. andrewGuam

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Talion
    I want it brushless for sure, will be running alot in snow this winter as our winters are 8 months up north here lol. I don't mind upgrading in future( I do have 1/8 scale and 1/10 scale electronics on hand) but would like a good rtr from the start.

#29 andrewGuam, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  10. Unusual RC

Unusual RC Moderator

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Mojave
    Thanks for your explanation!
    With so much snow 4WD would be more fun to drive (but doubles the necessary maintenance due to the wet nature of snow ;))

Both trucks in brushless versions are fine. You could also look for the best deal for both, and base your choice on that.

Still a though decision though ;)

andrewGuam likes this.
  11. Operator7G

Operator7G Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Senton
    andrewGuam likes this.
  12. Unusual RC

Unusual RC Moderator

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Mojave
    I know about that test at BigSquid, but it is the brushed 2WD Ruckus, and the 2013 Granite.
    I really have to say the 2015 is off a bit less quality, looking at the shock caps for example.

I also know about a lot of ECX trucks are notorious for those popping out drive-shafts, which in itself is even more annoying than popping shock caps.

@andrewGuam : I would make use of Michael's new ECX forum, and ask about these popping drive-shafts and any other problems.
    For the Granite you know here what your money will buy.

Still a hard decision ;)

andrewGuam likes this.
  13. andrewGuam

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Talion
    Thanks you! Il check it out

14. Darren Wes

Darren Wes Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Here is the answer

1. What parts are avaible locally, some places don't sell arrma... some don't sell ecx

2. Do you want 2wd or 4wd

3. Arrma has 2 year warrenty... pretty sure more places sell ecx parts.... so would you want to order more or drive and pickup more

4. If your still reading this and unsure buy the arrma because apparently there is this forum you see

15. biggman100

biggman100 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    I did that with a Racers Edge Pro 2, only with a telephone pole and not a tree. It seems neither the Fury or the Pro 2 like direct runs into immovable objects. In my defense, a careless driver got in my way, so i couldn't see the truck, and then the pole jumped right in front of it.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer