Engine Heatsink Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rag30

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey! Doing a 3S upgrade on my Grom and had a question. The old engine had the Arrma thing on top, and it doesn’t fit on the new Hobbywing 2435. Do I necessarily need it or I should be okay! Thanks!
IMG_5206.jpeg

Hey! Doing a 3S upgrade on my Grom and had a question. The old engine had the Arrma thing on top, and it doesn’t fit on the new Hobbywing 2435. Do I necessarily need it or I should be okay! Thanks! View attachment 355436
No you don’t but a fan and or heat sink are to help keep the motor from overheating. I’d find a heatsink and motor fan combo to put on it to make it run cooler

Hey! Doing a 3S upgrade on my Grom and had a question. The old engine had the Arrma thing on top, and it doesn’t fit on the new Hobbywing 2435. Do I necessarily need it or I should be okay! Thanks! View attachment 355436

The harder & Longer You Bash ,the more likely you'll want the heatsink & fan combo.

Im doing the same exact swap to mine in the near future, just waiting on some suspension mods to come in.
Can anyone recommend a heatsink/fan combo that would work, or a place to maybe search one down?
I saw in another thread where the builder used this pad:
https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-TP-3-...Installation/dp/B09V53W559/?tag=arrma-20&th=1
I imagine he cut it down wrapped the smaller new motor and installed.
Think this would work?

Back