EU's plans to Ban the repair of Older vehicles..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Europe we have the dumbest politicians :/
Of course, this would not happen, not at least soon.
I own a 35 years old, Toyota, and i tend to keep it for many years to come, even if i buy a new car.

Guess that's one way to get rid of auto mechanics...

This is fake news. don't listen to him its just not TRUE.

In Europe we have the dumbest politicians :/
Of course, this would not happen, not at least soon.
I own a 35 years old, Toyota, and i tend to keep it for many years to come, even if i buy a new car.
well compared to other countries our politicans are still better or the same as everywhere

Last year we had rolling black outs in Southern California because of the heat we where ask not to plug in EV
Forcing people to go for EV's so quickly does create some collateral problems, like power grid destabilization.
Here we have one of the better electrical grids on the world, heat won't make it work less efficient. But at certain dense area's it's no longer possible/allowed to add more solar power or high power EV chargers.
Currently EV's make up 4% of cars in NL, but new sales are now at 37% and <30% last year. In absolute numbers we're getting an extra 10k EV's every month, wanting to be charged at night when the sun is down. If they all fastcharge at the same time, it will peak for an extra 2MW/month at places where the grid is already weak.

Forcing people to go for EV's so quickly does create some collateral problems, like power grid destabilization.
Here we have one of the better electrical grids on the world, heat won't make it work less efficient. But at certain dense area's it's no longer possible/allowed to add more solar power or high power EV chargers.
Currently EV's make up 4% of cars in NL, but new sales are now at 37% and <30% last year. In absolute numbers we're getting an extra 10k EV's every month, wanting to be charged at night when the sun is down. If they all fastcharge at the same time, it will peak for an extra 2MW/month at places where the grid is already weak.
How far is your commute to work

This is a problem that hasn't been addressed in the US either. Our grid has nowhere near the necessary capacity to support mass EV charging.

Green Nazi neo-marxist regulators must be stopped, because they'll never stop on their own. They constantly foist these stupid rules on us, to justify their inflated budgets and compensation. When the totality of EVs are considered, they are no better for the planet than IC engines, unless you're the CCP. Wake up and stop voting for lefty boobs, before they suck all of the joy from life. Don't get me started on "transing" kids, election corruption, and poisoning us, by the hundreds of thousands, with fentanyl, made from chinese chemicals...

Currently it's 116km (72 miles) but i am not the average commuter.
I have a short commute round trip 50 miles wife about 175 200 depending

We are just looking for a different insurance company for the house and my shop I was asked if I had guns and how many . My response that’s none of your dam business

Last edited:
I have a short commute round trip 50 miles wife about 175 200 depending

We are just looking for a different insurance company for the house and my shop I was asked if I had guns and how many . My response that’s none of your dam business
I do projectbased work at customers all over the country, so my commute is variable. Average commute here is about 20km (12miles). It's also not uncommon for people to commute by public transport or bicycle.

I honestly don't have too much problem with what our goverment decides, the silly parts of the green agenda mostly wont run for long. Right won the elections. Hopefully the max speeds will go up again. Biggest problem are banks and insurrance companies that exploit execution of regulation. They look for any excuse to get more intel on you.

Great way to control us, force to buy new car with all the computer gadgets, tracking, listening to you in your car, remote killswitch etc.! NO thanks, besides most new cars are junk like computers! "Just had to reboot it...dunno what was wrong with it!" LOL

That and money extraction!

If you have a 20 year old car that runs fine and you drive it 10K miles a year, why would spend $50K on something new? I love the trees, but unless they start producing money you are going see a lot of creative car repair.

Looks like the Cubans will have good jobs.
havana-cars-2847.jpg

That and money extraction!

If you have a 20 year old car that runs fine and you drive it 10K miles a year, why would spend $50K on something new? I love the trees, but unless they start producing money you are going see a lot of creative car repair.

Looks like the Cubans will have good jobs.
havana-cars-2847.jpg
Now that’s so redneck sit there love old school stuff

I’m totally aware I live in California
Let me fix that for y'all...Commiefornia, where the government does whatever they want while telling people it's for their own good. Ya, right, less government the better, keep us safe from all foreign invaders, safe/clean food/air/water and leave us alone thank you!

Love me that old V8 flat-head pickup truck in Cuba!

Let me fix that for y'all...Commiefornia, where the government does whatever they want while telling people it's for their own good. Ya, right, less government the better, keep us safe from all foreign invaders, safe/clean food/air/water and leave us alone thank you!

Love me that old V8 flat-head pickup truck in Cuba!
That’s not just California it’s Government period

Back